In today’s article, we will guide you step by step how to activate and use Unity bank USSD code for transfer and any other thing like checking account balance, recharging airtime, etc.
USSD is an acronym which stands for Unstructured Supplementary Service Data. It is a code that allows customers to access banking services using quick codes irrespective of their phones or internet connection.
Unity Bank enables their customers to transfer money or check your account balance using their mobile application, internet banking and USSD code. All you just have to do if you want to do anything with your Unity bank account is just to use any of the convenient methods of Unity bank mobile banking.
Now, let’s start!!
Unity bank mobile banking transfer code
With Unity bank USSD code, *7799#, you can use your mobile phone to transfer money from your Unity bank account to another bank or Unity bank. Please read below for more!!
- To transfer to a Unity Bank account, dial *7799*1*Account No*Amount# (e.g., if you want to transfer N15, 000 to Unity bank with an account number: 1234567890, then simply dial *7799*1*1234567890*15000#) and
- To transfer to other Bank’s account, please dial *7799*2*Account No*Amount# (e.g., if you want to transfer N20, 000to an account number: 2148659210, then dial *7799*2*2148659210*20000#).
See these also:
- Stanbic bank transfer code, *909# (2022) & how to activate
- FCMB transfer code (*329#) and how to activate (2022)
- Jaiz bank transfer code (*773) and how to activate
- Keystone bank transfer code, *711# (step by step guides)
- Heritage bank transfer code, *745# (how to activate and register)
- Polaris bank transfer code (*833#) and how to activate
How to activate Unity bank transfer code
To activate Unity bank transfer code on your alert SIM card, please note that it can only be activated with the line you used to open Unity bank account and it is that SIM exactly you use to receive alert.
- First, insert your SIM card to a mobile phone
- Dial *7799#
- Select 2 to choose ‘activate mobile banking’
- Now, enter your account number and date of birth
- Enter your card number
- Enter four digit number to act as your transaction or secret PIN
- Success: your Unity bank transfer code has been activated, thus, you can mobile bank anytime and anywhere.
In the event that you miss your Unity bank alert SIM card, please block USSD code feature from operating on it in order to prevent fraudster from accessing you bank account. Note if you don’t block it timely, all the funds in your account can be withdrawn once.
- To block or deactivate Unity bank USSD code on your SIM card, just simply dial *7799*911#.
How to check Unity bank account balance
The Unity bank USSD code can also be used to check your account balance without visiting the branch of Unity bank. You can check it by dialing *7799*0# or *7799# and follow the prompts.
In summary, dial *7799# via your SIM card which you use to receive an alert from Unity bank and shortly your main account balance will then be displayed.
Unity bank USSD codes and their function
Unity bank USSD code is considered cost-effective, user friendly and faster in making transactions. It is available to customers with or without big smartphones or internet connection.
Below are some frequently used Unity bank USSD codes and their task or purpose:
|Block Unity bank USSD code on your SIM card||*7799*9*phone number#|
|Biller wallet funding||*7799*403*Biller ID*amount#|
|Airtime recharge for self||*7799*Amount#|
|Check account balance||*7799*0#|
|Recharge airtime for third-party||*7799*Phoneno*amount#|
|Transfer to Unity bank||*7799*1*accountno*amount#|
|Transfer to Other banks||*7799*2*accountno*amount#|
|Updating details on your BVN||*7799*5#|
|Perform transaction on POS machine||*7799*000*RefID#|
Meanwhile, the daily cumulative transfer limit of Unity Bank when using USSD code is 100,000 Naira. If you may have to transfer more than N100, 000, please opt to use Unity bank mobile app or or request for their transaction authenticator (token).
If you want to transfer money using Unity bank mobile application, CLICK HERE to download on your phone. Now, after you have successfully downloaded, follow the instructions below:
- Login with your user name and password
- Click on “Transfer” tab
- Click Self Linked transfer, Unity Bank Transfers, Other Banks Transfer
- Select “Account number” to debit
- Fill the other beneficiary details
- Click “Next”
- Enter the 6 digit number generated on your token device
- Click “Authorize”.
Please share this article with your friends and remember to subscribe to our newsletter if you know that it has helped you know Unity bank transfer code and how to use it to perform any task you want.
Read this also: Eco bank transfer code in 2022 and how to activate.