Looking for the step by step guides to how you can become Union Bank POS agent in your community? If yes, then this page will get your searches ended.
POS or Swipe Machine (as it is popularly known) is a technological instrument provided to a Merchant Establishment (ME) to carry out the sale of goods or services to customers in a cashless environment. All what the customer has to do is swipe his/her Debit, Credit or Prepaid Card.
Point of Sale (POS) terminals facilitate the payment and receipt of money using credit/debit cards at the point of sale.
Read this also: how to deactivate USSD code of any bank on your phone.
Requirements for getting Union bank POS machine
- The merchant (an intending agent) should have a current account with a branch of the bank with a satisfactory account operation.
- The merchant should be in retail/over the counter trade and shall not be in Visa/MasterCard negative list for malpractices.
- The turnover of the merchant of the merchant through cards should be over N15, 000/Month.
- Maintain a savings or current account with Union bank
- Must own an existing business in a physical location that is easily accessible
- Have a minimum of one staff to support the business.
- Have a minimum working capital of N150,000
- Must have a valid means of identification (Voter’s card, Driver’s license, International passport or National ID card)
- You must provide relevant business information (business certificate such as CAC or its equivalent)
- Complete the Agent registration form and execute the agreement.
- All your request and application must be filled and submitted to [email protected] or visit a Union bank branch
- The merchant shall have a fixed landline connection for Normal EDC Terminal otherwise they will have to apply for GPRS based machine.
- As per the Merchant Agreement and more important information, please contact Union bank for further details.
Benefits of Union bank POS terminal
- Prints transaction receipts
- Accepts transactions of any value
- POS provided at no cost to merchant
- Reduces costs and risks of cash handling
- Accepts MasterCard, VISA and Verve cards
- Generates reports for reconciliation purposes
- Real time confirmation of transactions for merchants
- Supports multiple network connectivity options (GPRS, LAN, CDMA and WIFI)
- Faster application processing and terminal installation.
- Superior connectivity.
- Settlements on T+1 basis.
- Helpdesk with assured TAT.
- Nominal fee / Monthly charges
- No hidden charges
- EMI facility available
- It accepts varieties of cards like Visa, Master, Rupay card and Discovers cards
Happy with the benefits and features of Union bank POS machine? Then give your business a professional touch by installing Union bank POS (Point of Sale) terminal.
Read this also: how to use POS machine to withdraw and transfer money.
Union bank POS agent application portal
Union bank POS machine is dual SIM POS terminals which ensure stable connectivity and can be used for collections in retail outlets, churches, hotels, fuel stations, restaurants, supermarkets, etc.
As an approved Union bank POS agent, collections at point of sale are credited to your accounts on the next working day.
You can carry out the following services for people in your community;
- Open Union bank account for them
- Send money their friends and loved ones
- Withdraw cash
- Deposit cash
- Pay bills
- Airtime and data purchase
You can transact using USSD, POS, Uniondirect App, Union Banking Website.
Union bank agent POS machine can be issued to any one inclusding:
- Individuals (those who want to have a side hustle)
- Business owners such as fuel station, cafe, supermarket, barbing saloon, etc.
- Corporates with retail chains/large distribution networks
- Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
To apply for Union bank POS agent, please just simply follow the step and instructions below:
- Visit Union bank website by clicking here
- Enter your first name and last name
- Enter your account number
- Choose from the dropdown menu the reason why you are contacting them (request, complaint, enquiry, etc). In this case, please choose request
- Enter your phone number and email address in the required column
- Now, start entering your messages, i.e how you are interested in becoming their POS agent
- Read the requirements of applying for Union bank POS machine on their website
- Make sure you read the benefits also
- Finally, click Submit tab for any available agent to start chatting with you
- Alternatively, you can visit any nearest Union bank branches and request for their POS agent application form
- Go along with any valid means of identification you have for example, any one of Voter’s card, Driver’s license, International passport or National ID card.
For more enquires on how to become Union bank POS agent, please call their 24/7 multilingual contact centre (UnionCare) on: 07007007000 or send an email to: [email protected]
For transaction or terminal dispense error related issues, send an email to [email protected] or visit a Union bank branch close to you.
Read this also: how to fund your Bet9ja account step by step guides.
Once Union bank has reviewed and approved your POS agent application request, you can start transacting using:
- Your POS machine or using USSD code.
- WEB – Click here to log in to the web portal.
- UnionDirect App – download the app from the play store or app store and sign up with your Union bank details.
- POS machine– note that if your application is just approved, then you to first request for POS terminal or machine.
Union Bank POS agent form and contact
To get Union bank agent POS form, kindly visit any of the union bank branches and request for the POS form or send a mail to [email protected] or contact their customer care staff on: +234-1-2716816.
Becoming a Union bank POS agent today, you can earn up to N100,000 monthly through commission as a Uniondirect agent banking.
If you become a Union bank POS agent in your community, you will also be able to render some financial inclusion banking services to your host community that is unbanked.
These banking financial services can also be provided in the cities, towns, markets or in your neighborhood.
If you know that we have helped you in this article, please share it with your friends and remember to subscribe to our newsletter for more important updates.
Read this also: list of all Nigerian banks and their headquarters address.