Sometimes, after sending the money to others, you may have been notified that the transaction is successful but it was originally unsuccessful.
What to do if your transaction is successful but the beneficiary has not received the money in his/her bank account? Please continue reading as we will discuss them below!!
There are many factors that cause transaction failure/dispense error and some of them are:
- Network error
- Insufficient account balance
- Wrong beneficiary’s account number, etc.
If you have attempted a card transaction on a POS machine or ATM terminal and your account has been debited but you have not received value for the transaction, then that is a dispense error.
Read this also: how to use POS machine to withdraw and transfer money.
What to do if your transaction is successful but was originally unsuccessful
To resolve any dispense error issue and get back your money, please kindly follow the instructions below or fill out the form below and submit it to effect a reversal of your funds.
Dispense error can cause:
- Your account to get debited for a transaction and value is not received
- Your transaction fails at the point of making payments via POS/Web but your account is debited for the same value.
- Cash not to be dispensed from the ATM but the exact amount has been debited from your account.
How to resolve an issue of dispense error
What should you do if your transaction is successful at your side but it is unsuccessful at the other side, for example, the person you sent the money has not received it in his or her account?
However, in banking system, if your transaction is hanged, simply rest assured because before some next moments, your bank will honestly refund it to you.
Please read the table below for more information!!
|Transaction||Dispense Error Channel||Resolution Period (Days)|
|Local Transactions||GTBank’s ATM||24 hours|
|POS/Merchant Website||3 working days|
|Other Bank’s ATMs/POS/Merchant Website||2 – 3 working days|
|Foreign Transactions||International Terminals||45|
See this also: MTN MoMo agent online registration form.
If you have attempted a card transaction on any of any e-channel below (POS, ATM, QUICKTELLER, etc) and your account has been debited but the person you sent the money to (your beneficiary) has not received value for the transaction, kindly search for and lodge the transaction as described below to effect a reversal of your fund.
Now, to log a complaint of FCMB, GT Bank, First Bank, etc dispense error on POS or ATM, fill the form in the format below and submit it to any nearest branch of your bank.
- BRANCH ____________________
- ACCOUNT NAME:__________________________________
- First Name Middle Name Last Name:___________________________
- ACCOUNT NUMBER(S):___________________________
- CARD NUMBER: _ _ _ _ X X X X X X X X _ _ _ _
- EXPIRY DATE: _
- GSM NO: _____
- DATE/TIME OF TRANSACTION: ____
- CARD TYPE (TICK AS APPROPRIATE) EAZYCARD or VPAY or OTHERS _______________
- TRANSACTION TYPE (TICK AS APPROPRIATE) ATM or POS or WEB or MOBILE
- TRANSACTION AMOUNT:___________________________
- Amount Requested Amount Dispensed Terminal Location
- 1. _____________ 1. __________ 1. __________
- 2. _____________ 2. __________ 2. __________
- 3. _____________ 3. __________ 3. _________
- 4. _____________ 4. ___________ 4. _________
- Please state any additional comment below:___________________________
- SIGNATURE _________
- DATE: ____________________
Read this also: list of all Zenith bank branches in Kogi state.
1. Dispense error code for GTBank
Did dispense error occur while trying to make a transaction on POS machine, ATM outlet or on online with your Guaranteed Trust Bank (GTB) account? How can you log a complaint of dispense error to GTBank?
To make a request of reversal of your fund to GTBank, first visit their dispense lodger and check the status of your transaction yourself.
|Customer NUBAN :||____________________|
|Last 6 Digits of Card :||____________________|
|Enter Start Date:||____________________|
|Enter End Date:||____________________|
After entering the information above, now click View Transactions which is located at the bottom of the form, but please make sure to click here first.
See this also: list of all GT bank branches and their sort code in Nigeria.
2. Dispense error code for Zenith bank
To complain to Zenith about dispense error issue that occurred to you, please read below.
If your account has been debited but you have not received value for the transaction, kindly lodge the complain to request a reversal of your fund or simply click here to download and fill this PDF file then submit it to any nearest branch of Zenith.
Alternatively, you can click here to directly visit Zenith bank’s dispense error request page for quick resolution of your issue.
- If the website load successfully, enter the date when the dispense error occurred
- Enter last digits of your Zenith bank ATM card
- Write the amount the transaction was in the appropriate column
- Now, select from the drop down, the channel you used, for example, ATM terminal, POS machine, etc
- Finally click Search tab to check the status of your transaction
3. How should you report dispense error to First Bank
Some of the fastest ways to report dispense error to First Bank are by:
- Completing a complaints form on their website
- Calling FirstContact on
- Sending a mail to email@example.com
In any time you are contacting the customer service staff at First bank in the branch, please note that you will be required to fill a Complaint Form. Details of the complaint will then be logged on the FirstCustomer CRM system.
The person receiving or managing your complaint should provide you with any assistance you may need to make your complaint. However, if you consider you need further assistance please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
See this also:
4. FCMB dispense error form
The management of FCMB has advised all its customers with complaints to lodge them with the Complaints Officer at email@example.com for necessary action.
In addition to that, four fastest ways to contact FCMB customer care service for complaint about your dispense error issue are listed below:
- Corporate Address: Primrose Tower, 17A, Tinubu Street, Marina, Lagos.
- Telephone: 07003290000, , 01-2798800.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Whatsapp: (+234) 09099999814 or (+234) 09099999815.
For getting FCMB dispense error form, click here, select from the list of multi forms by scrolling your device pointer, download dispense error form, fill it, scan it with your phone or scanner and finally upload it back to FCMB customer care staff by visiting any of their nearest branch or via their email address.
5. How to get Access bank dispense error form
- Please click here to download Access bank dispense error form
- Print it out
- Fill it with the correct detail as required
- Scan the filled one and
- Submit it to any nearest FCMB’s branch or sending it via an email: email@example.com.
6. UBA email address for complaint of dispense error
If the transaction you made using your UBA was successful but was originally unsuccessful, then that is a dispense error, i.e, the beneficiary of your transaction has not received the money in his or her account.
Now, to resolve this issue by letting UBA reverse your fund, you have to first download their chargeback request or dispense error form from their website.
- Click here to download UBA dispense error form
- Write the date you are filling the form at the top as requested in the form
- Enter your First name, Middle name and last name
- Enter your account number
- Write your phone number and email address
- Enter the amount you transacted and the date
- Enter the location where you initiated the transaction
- Remember to put down your signature at the bottom of the form in the requested column and finally submit it.
Alternatively, for complaints about the dispense error issue, kindly call UBA Customer Service on (+234) 07002255-822, (+234) 01-6319822 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for prompt assistance.
7. How to complain to Ecobank about dispense error issue
- To have Ecobank dispense error form, please click here to visit their website
- Scroll across their website to find dispense error form and download immediately when found
- Print it, fill it and then submit it to Ecobank.
Ecobank is commited to providing you with an informative and secure banking experience.
Hence, here you can find guidance on how to get the most from their products and services, and what you can do to protect yourself when using them.
First of all, to contact Ecobank about the issue of dispense error, click here to visit their website, select your country from the drop down, enter your first name, last name, email address, message(s) and click Submit tab.
Related article: how to contact Zenith bank customer care very fast.
8. How to contact Union bank about the issue of dispense error
You can make a complaint or contact Union bank through any of their contact channels: WhatsApp, email, phone, social media or simply visit any of their nearest branches.
To contact Union bank for the resolution of dispense error issue, you can do so using any of the channels below:
- WhatsApp: 09070070001
- UnionCare: +234-1-2716816 and 07007007000
- Whistle Blower Hotlines: 0800TIPOFFS (0800 847 6337)
- Email: email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can click here to visit their website for submitting your complaint online or communicate their customer care via live chat channel when visiting their website.
9. How to resolve Sterling bank dispense error
Dispense Error is a failed transaction that seem successful to the account holder and unsuccessful to the creditors account.
Sterling bank dispense error is when your account is debited for a transaction which did not give you the intended value.
This can happen when:
- (1.) The ATM does not give you cash but your account is debited for the same amount.
- (2.) The POS/Web declines your transaction, but your account is debited for the same value.
How long does it take Sterling bank to reverse a dispense error money
|Transaction||Local Transactions||Foreign Transactions|
|Channel||Sterling Bank’s ATM/POS/Merchant Website||Other Banks’ ATM/POS/Merchant Website||ATM/POS/Merchant Website|
|Reversal period||2 Days||5 – 8 Days||45 Days|
For more information, please contact Sterling bank Customer Centre on 07008220000 (070078375464), 014484481-5 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that at Sterling bank, their customer care staffs always love to hear from you and provide the required solution that will satisfy you.
For how to log a Sterling bank dispense error complain which was arose when transacting on either ATM, USSD, Onepay, POS/WEB, please visit their website by clicking here, fill the form correctly and finally click send.
See this also: list of all commercial banks in Nigeria and their current CEO.
10. How to contact Fidelity bank customer care about dispense error issue
You can contact Fidelity bank customer care for issue resolution of dispense error via any of the channels:
- Tel: 070034335489
- Whatsapp: +2349030005252
- Email: email@example.com
Whatever your inquiry is about, Fidelity bank will find you the specific person to converse with.
The Interactive Contact Centre allows their customers have the opportunity to speak to any of their agents, any day and any time.
Whether you’re calling to make enquiries, to lodge a complaint, or simply to make a suggestion to them, you can reach us via the following channels below.
|General Enquiry||0700 343 35489|
|Head office||2, Kofo Abayomi Street,|
|0903 000 5252|
|Call from abroad||0908 798 9069|
To contact Fidelity bank customer care, please click here and follow the prompts. Thank you for reading!!
If you know that this article has helped you know what to do if your transaction is successful but it was unsuccessful, i.e, the recipient has not received the transaction in his or her account, please share it with your friends.
For more important information and updates, please click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Read this also: how to use POS machine to withdraw and transfer money.