MTN Nigeria has in 2019 launched mobile money transfer service which is called MoMo Agent Network. In this page, I will discuss with you how to get MTN Momo agent registration form and how you can register online.
MoMo is an abbreviation for Mobile Money. Do you want to know how to become a mobile money (MoMo) agent of MTN Nigeria? If yes, then continue reading this article for the registration requirements and how you can apply online.
With MTN MoMo agents, can send and receive money very fast anywhere in Nigeria. Most importantly, MoMo agents are presence across all 36 states in Nigeria.
The network of Momo agents is very well equipped in order to delivering banking services nearer to people.
Read also how to get a POS machine from Zenith bank very fast (step by step)
Do you want to learn how to become a Momo agent in Nigeria? Or do you want to know how to send and receive money using the MTN Momo agent? If yes, then the guides below will help you.
Requirements of being a Momo agent
Below are the requirements to become MTN momo agent in Nigeria:
- Must be an existing businessman or woman or willing to invest in agency business.
- Have a Brick & Mortar or immovable retail shop. For example, Pharmacy Pop & Mom Shop located in high foot traffic.
- Means of identification (National ID, Driver’s License, International passport or Voters card).
- Providing 1 passport photograph which is not less than 3 months old
- Must have at least N20,000
- Must fill and complete Momo agent registration form
How to get MTN Momo agent online registration form
Before you continue to get MTN Momo agent online registration form, make sure that you meet the basic application requirements listed above.
Now, the step by step guides on how to get Momo agent registration form are:
- Visit any nearest MTN outlet to pick up the form & submit your details
- Click here to download the application form
- Fill the form with your name, telephone number, email address, address, etc
- Now, submit it to MTN head office in your state
- After the successful submitting the form, then one staff will contact you for a planned visit to ascertain your suitability
How to register for a MoMo agent using USSD code
Please note that by dialing MTN momo agent USSD code via your MTN line, it will automatically convert your MTN phone number into a MoMo wallet where you can store funds and you also use it to send money, pay bills, buy airtime and lots more.
To register for MTN Momo agent using USSD code, just simply follow the instructions below:
- Dial *502# via your MTN phone number.
- You will receive a prompt to approve your MTN SIM registration details to be used as your MoMo wallet
- Select 1 which indicate Yes to accept the T&C and to continue to the next step.
- Create your 4 digit PIN as prompted.
- Reconfirm your 4 digit PIN
- Your new MoMo Agent wallet is created
- Finally, you get an SMS notifications notifying you that your new MoMo Agent wallet has been successfully created
After creating your MTN Momo agent wallet using USSD on your mobile phone, you can now easily check your account balance from your phone using the USSD code.
To check your momo agent account balance, follow the guide below:
- Dial *502#
- Select 5
- Enter your momo wallet pin
- Your MoMo wallet account balance will be displayed on your phone screen, and also sent to you as SMS.
How to know the address of all nearest MTN Momo agent
As an agent, you do not have to worry about how customers would locate you because all what the customer needs to do is simply send AGENT to 64625 as an in form of text message or dial *223#.
To locate or visit any approved MTN MoMo agent nearest to you for transaction or discussion of how he/she can show the way of becoming an agent like him/her, simply use the guides below:
- Use any type of SIM card and dial *223#
- Select 1 to locate Agent
- Enter you tate
- Enter your LGA
- Finally, the address and phone number of all approved closest.
MTN Momo agent commission
As an approved MTN Momo agent you will receive a real-time commission for transactions performed, i.e, you do not need to wait till the end of the month to receive your commission.
Note: for receiving commission on bills payment, you need to first contact MTN Momo agent department for PIN reset requests by calling 182 or chatting on WhatsApp on 08032003014 or 09030001782.
The table below shows the commission that should be received by every MTN momo agent anytime they deposit or withdraw fund for people.
|Transaction Type||Transaction Value||Transaction Fee||Agent Commission|
|Deposit/Withdrawal||₦1,000 – ₦5, 000||₦50||₦25|
|Deposit/Withdrawal||₦5, 00o – ₦20, 000||₦50||₦50|
|Deposit/Withdrawal||₦20, 000 – ₦50, 000||₦100||₦100|
|Deposit/Withdrawal||₦50, 000 – ₦500, 000||₦150||₦150|
|Bill Payment||₦1, 000 – ₦500, 000||₦100||₦50|
Duties of MTN Momo agent in Nigeria
As a registered and approved MTN Momo agent in Nigeria, the following are your duties while earning a commission by carrying them out.
- Opening Cash2cash accounts
- Cash transfers
- Bill payments
- Airtime and data purchase.
MoMo is an acronym for Mobile Money. MoMo services allow registered agents to perform transactions for customers.
This service allows cash transfers to people who do not have a bank account. Simply put, Agents carry out cash withdrawal for customers without an ATM card or POS machines.
It is a cardless withdrawal. The sender can approach a Retail agent and initiate a transfer of funds. The funds can also be redeemed using the token generated at an agent’s location.
As a matter of fact, sending and receiving money has never been this easy!
If you know that this article has helped you know the requirements of becoming a Momo agent, how to get Momo agent registration form and how you can apply for momo agent step by step, then please share it with your friends and remember to subscribe to our newsletter.
Read this: how to migrate to Airtel Binge Plan