The application of Oando scholarship for a Nigerian undergraduate student is finally started. Prospective aspirants are now advised to start registering before the stipulated deadline get ended.
This scholarship is awarded for full-time first year (100 level) students in Nigerian recognised institution.
In this article, you will know how to register online as it must be applied online. Hence no payment or gratification should be made for any person.
Eligibility Or Requirement For Oando Scholarship For Undergraduate Student
To qualify for the application consideration, applicants MUST be:
- Registered Full TIME undergraduates in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions
- Certified 100 level students at the time of application (Only students admitted in 2018/2019 academic session)
NOTE: The following categories of students should not apply:
- 200 level students and above
- Current beneficiaries of similar Awards from other Companies and Agencies
- Awardees of NAOC/NAE/AENR/NACPFA
Only Indigenes of NAOC Host Communities in Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta and Imo States SHOULD apply for the Host Communities Merit Award.
Only applicants studying the following courses are eligible for the National merit Award.:
- Geosciences and
- Agricultural Science
How To Apply For Oando Scholarship As A Nigerian Undergraduate Student
- Before you start this application, ensure you have clearly scanned copies of the following documents
- Passport photograph with white background not more than 3 months old (450px by 450px not more than 200kb)
- School ID Card
- O’level Certificate
- Admission Letter
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of Local Government Area of Origin
- Letter from Community Paramount Ruler (Only Applicants for Host Communities Merit Award)
- Letter from CDC Chairman (Only Applicants for Host Communities Merit Award) and
- Printed Jamb Result
- Ensure the documents are named according to what they represent to avoid mixing up documents during upload
- Ensure you attach the appropriate documents when asked to upload
- Ensure to provide valid Email and Phone Contact for communication
To start the application, follow the steps below:
- Click here to start the application.
- Click on Apply Now tab.
- Click on Register Now to create an account.
- Visit your email box to activate your account using the message you have gotten from the Oando
- Click on here to return to Scholarship site
- Enter your registered email and password to upload your information
- Enter your personal information:
- National Identification Number
- Educational information
- other information and
- Upload required scanned documents.
- Ensure the name you used in application matches the names on all documentation in same order.
- Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
- Ensure you have viewed all documents after uploading to avoid errors during upload
- When asked to upload photo, a passport photograph with a white background is recommended.
- Click Apply Now button to submit information
- You will receive an email and an sms that confirms you your application was successful
- Return to www.scholastica.ng, enter your Email and Password to download your profile and go to your Head of Department sign the document
- Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile to your Onando scholarship account, this would be used for verification
Frequently Asked Questions Of Oando Scholarship Applicant
Below are the questions we ofently and frequently get asked by the applicants of Oando scholarship:
- How do I apply for the NNPC/NAOC/OANDO JV Tertiary Scholarship?
- If you meet the requirements for the scholarship award, please complete the application form accessible from online application link inside the scholarship advert.
- Who is eligible for the NNPC/NAOC/OANDO JV Tertiary Scholarship?
- Full time 100 level student (undergraduate) in Nigerian tertiary Institution studying any of the courses listed below is eligible to apply for Oando scholarship:
- Geosciences and
- Agricultural Science
The applicant must have gained admission during the 2020/2021 academic session.
- I am a current scholarship beneficiary from an International Oil and Gas Company, do I still need to apply?
- No. Current beneficiaries of International Oil and Gas scholarship schemes are expected to benefit from only one scholarship scheme. Hence, are not eligible to apply to this scheme.
- What do I major in to apply for the scholarship?
- You are advised to read through the last paragraph to confirm your eligibility
- Do I need to be admitted into a particular institution, before i can apply for Oando scholarships?
- Yes. Applicants must have gained full-time admission into a recognized Nigerian tertiary institution.
- Can I send an open application?
- No. The application is strictly done through the application portal.
- Will you confirm the receipt of my application?
- Once you submit your online application form you will be sent an automated email acknowledging receipt of your application. You will subsequently be contacted if you make the Aptitude test shortlisted, if not you will be notified at the end of campaign.
- What happens to my online application?
- Applications are stored in a database; after the closing date they are evaluated and a shortlist is compiled of qualified applicants.Applicants who did not qualify for the scholarship will be notified at the end of the scholarship campaign.
- How do I create my profile and apply?
- Visit www.scholastica.ng and click on Register to create an account, activate your account via your email and return to www.scholastica.ng to complete your user profile. Ensure you click 2020/2021 NNPC/NAOC/OANDO JV Tertiary Scholarship to open scholarship page. Then click “Apply” in the top right hand corner of your screen to apply.
- Can I change my profile details?
- Yes, you can. You are responsible for the correctness of the details provided. To correct errors after submission of your application, kindly log on to your scholastica profile, click on “My Account”, a dropdown appears, then click on “My Messages”. You will be directed to a page where you can directly send a message to the scholarship administrator stating your corrections. The corrections will be effected and a mail sent to you to confirming it.
- Can I change the course (programme) or institution in my application and can I add information to my application after submitting?
- You cannot make any changes or additions to your application once submitted. Once the deadline has passed, applications that were not being completed when submitted will be cancelled and will not be considered.
- However, if the application deadline has not passed, you can edit/make changes to your application online. Refer to question 10 on how to do this.
- When my details have been corrected after I applied, is this correction effected in my application or do I have to re-apply?
- No you don’t have to re-apply, corrections effected before application deadline will be used during short-listing.
- Where can I upload my passport photograph and other required documents?
- During the creation of your profile, click on the tab “Passport Photograph” and upload your passport in JPEG format, not larger than 200KB in size. To upload other documents, click on the tab “Documents” select appropriate document from the drop down list and upload.
- What is the maximum size and image format of passport photograph and other required documents?
- Each document size should not be more than 200KB and the image format for your pass-port must be in JPEG, other files can be PDF, DOC, DOCX.
- My course of study is not listed in my institution list of courses in the online application form. What do I do?
- If your course of study is not in your institution’s course list in the online application form, send an email to email@example.com stating the name of your course of study, Faculty, CGPA Scale and name of institution. You will be notified in less than 24 hours via email once it has been added. Note that this pertains to adding the course to your institution’s list of offered courses only, it does not essentiallly make the course eligible for application. Carefully read the Eligibility/Requirements page for the list of eligible courses.
- How do I know my application has been received?
- When you submit your application online, you automatically receive confirmation of receipt by email. Please note that your email provider may see this confirmation email as spam, so check if your junk or spam folder contains an email sent by firstname.lastname@example.org You can also visit your profile to view the status of your application.
- I am unable to submit my application before the deadline. Can I submit it after the deadline?
- No. E-Application closes at the stipulated deadline.
- Do I need to pay to facilitate the application?
- You are strongly advised not to patronize anyone by cash or kind. This award is strictly based on merit and meeting the award criteria. Note: Please ensure you understand the Instructions carefully before you start this application to avoid errors and disqualification.
- must I be of a certain age to qualify for the scholarship?
- No. Age is not necessary.
- When is the scholarship application of Oando scholarship?
- The application deadline is strictly October, 2020. Students are encouraged to submit their applications well in advance of the deadline
- How do I apply?
- Once you have identified the scholarship award category that applies to you, ensure that you read and follow the eligibility and application requirements for each scholarship. You must use the format advertised, and correctly provide all the required information and documentation.
- What must I submit with my application, to ensure it is a complete application?
- You must read the scholarship award information carefully and provide the documentation requested in the Eligibility requirements section.
- Can I fax or email the application or its components to the Scholarship Team?
- No. Faxed or email applications or components will not be accepted.
- Can I apply through the Representative in my university or hometown?
- The aptitude text examination will be communicated with shortlisted candidates. There will be no reimbursement of transportation to and from examination center.
- Do not apply more than one as it causes authomatic disqualification of the candidate
Please share it with other undergraduate student if this article has helped you to know how to apply for OANDO scholarship.
Please you may click to read 6 New Degree Courses That Obafemi Awolowo University (OAO) Ile-Ife approved for Adeyemy college, Ondo