Did you unknowingly wrongly enter your name when enrolling for your national ID card? Or have you just changed your mind to change the name on your NIN? Any way, in this article, we’ve the solutions of how to re-correct or change the name(s) on your NIN card. Now, we’re going to explain to you step by step.
As national ID card cannot be enrolled more than one time in person’s life, some people who made mistake(s) when applying are now wondering so much about how they can change it.
How you can change the name on your NIN
As a matter of fact, every detail about yourself that you’d entered while applying for national ID card is changeable. Perhaps, some of those who collect big money in order to help person change the data on their national ID card are likely demanding people’s money.
In fact, there are some changeable details on your NIN that are free of charge while others require little processing fee.
How to edit details on your NIN online
Yes. You can edit any detail on your NIN on NIMC database but you have to pay some fees. However, as for your information, the following details are changeable (can be edited) on your national ID card with the small amount of processing fee.
- Date of Birth
- Phone Number
- Place of Birth – State
- LGA you were born
- Place of Birth – Country (if different from Nigeria)
- Your state of origin
- Place of Origin – Town, Village
- Place of Origin – LGA
- Father’s NIN
- Your father’s Town, Village of Origin
- Father’s State of Origin
- Father’s LGA of Origin
- Mother’s NIN
- Mother’s Town, Village of Origin
- Your mother’s State of Origin
- Mother’s LGA of Origin
Any of the details listed above can be modified or changed on your national ID card with the processing fee of five hundred Naira, N500 except the change of date of birth with a processing fee of fifteen thousand Naira, N15, 000.
Read this also: top best digital marketing training institutes in Lagos (2022).
How to change the name(s) on your national ID card
To successfully change the name on your national ID card, you must pay a processing fee of N500 (five hundred Naira) to National Identity Management Commission, NIMC by going to the any commecial bank in Nigeria or with your phone.
Don’t worry, we’ll show you how to pay to NIMC for changing the name on your national ID card with your phone or laptop shortly. Please keep reading!
Thus, make sure you have got the following for proof of changing the name on your NIN:
- Sworn Affidavit
- Newspaper Extract
- Marriage Certificate (in cases of marriage).
Then below are the procedures of how to change the name(s) on national ID card:
National Identification Number name modification
- Walk into the enrolment Centre with a supporting document (including application letter).
- You’ll will be issued a data modification form to fill.
- Applicant data modification forms will be vetted by a NIMC Official to crosscheck the information filled on the form against the supporting document provided. Note: applicants who cannot read nor write should come along with a person who can do the form filling for him.
- Your pre-filled information will be inputted on the NIMC Software by a NIMC enrolment officer.
- The enrolment officer will ask you to double check his/her information using the applicant monitor to check for errors.
- If the you’resatisfied with your demographic information, then your biometrics will be captured subsequently.
- After completing the enrolment, a Transaction ID Slip will be issued to you as an evidence of the transaction.
- The former NIN Slip will be retained by the enrolment officer if the modified data will affect details on the NIN slip.
- The applicant will be requested to come back for the NIN within 2-5 working days or more, as it is subjected to speed of the network.
- A new National Identification Number Slip having the same NIN will be issued to you after processing.
How to pay NIMC for changing the name and other details on NIN
How much does it cost to change your name, date of birth and other details on your NIN? The cost is five hundred Naira and here is how to pay it. To pay to NIMC for changing the name(s) and other details on the national ID card, use the procedures below.
Not that NIMC only receives payment via Remita and below are the guidelines of how to pay with mobile phone or laptop.
Visit Remita website by clicking here and nstart the payment process
Click on the option ‘Pay Bills‘.
See this content also:
Who do You want to Pay?
Then type in ‘National Identity Management Commission‘.
Name of Service/Purpose, then choose ‘Modification of of Name’
Amount to Pay, don’t worry about that. However, amount to pay will be generated by the system automatically.
Type your full name in the payer’s name column
Enter your telephone number as payer’s phone
Tick the ‘I am not a robot’ reCAPTCHA checkbox and click on the stated selection of images before clicking on the ‘Verify’ button.
Click on the ‘Submit’ tab to ͞proceed to payment.
A new page which is the invoice will come up which will display your RRR (Remita Retrieval Reference) code at the top of the page.
Print the invoice and take note of your RRR because it’s unique.
Choose any payment method convenient for you as listed below:
- Card (to pay with your smartphone or laptop with debit card)
- Bank Branch (Go into any bank with your RRR code and pay)
- Internet Banking (to use your bank internet banking)
If you liked this article, please like our Facebook page or subscribe to our newsletter for more updates about important articles related to this from us.
Also comment with any error or difficulty thing you experi while changing the name on your national ID card.
Finally, share this article with your friends to help us develop.
Read this content also: how to smartly know the telephone number that in a criminal way loaded Airtel recharge card.
I’m Abdulrazaq Yahaya. I am one of the content writers at Fastknowers blog, here.
If my articles help you, please subscribe to our newsletter and remember to like my Facebook’s page so that you will be able to get updated anytime I am publishing contents. Thank you.