Temperature conversion formula is the formula that we can use to change the value of a temperature from one unit to another. Are you interested to know the temperature conversion formula for every scale? If yes, then you are on the right page! Hence, let’s continue!!
Perhaps, in the field of science, they are many temperature conversion scales which we can easily drive using formula. Among them, they are Kelvin, Celsius and Fahrenheit.
How to convert temperature from one scale to another
In Physics, Biology, Chemistry and other scientific subjects, we need to convert temperature scale in some cases when a particular problem is given for us to solve. Please continue reading for how to convert any temperature from one scale to another.When solving a temperature conversion relating problem, please note that according to:
- Kelvin scale, the freezing point of water is 273.15K and the boiling point is 373.15K.
- Fahrenheit scale, the freezing point of water is 32°F and the boiling point is 212°F.
- Celsius scale, the freezing point of water is 0°C and the boiling point is 100°C.
For more, please check the table below for how to convert temperature from one scale to another scale.
|Celsius to Fahrenheit||° F = 9/5 ( ° C) + 32|
|Kelvin to Fahrenheit||° F = 9/5 (K – 273) + 32|
|Fahrenheit to Celsius||° C = 5/9 (° F – 32)|
|Celsius to Kelvin||K = ° C + 273|
|Kelvin to Celsius||° C = K – 273|
|Fahrenheit to Kelvin||K = 5/9 (° F – 32) + 273|
Read these also:
- Solutions Of Quadratic Equation With Step-By-Step Examples & Formulae.
- Top e-commerce sites in USA in 2022 and more info about them.
- Top 8 best car dealers and their website 2022.
- How to integrate Paystack payment gateway in website.
- Examples of simultaneous equations word problems (step by step).
- How to derive quadratic equations from their roots (step-by-step).
Please note that:
- Celsius and Fahrenheit are the same at -40°.
- Water boils at 100°C or 212°F.
- Water freezes at 0°C and 32°F.
- Absolute zero is 0 K.
- Celsius and Fahrenheit are degree scales.
- The degree symbol is not used to report temperature using the Kelvin scale.
Temperature conversion formula derivation
There can be three main conversions of temperature which are:
- Conversion Between Celsius and Kelvin
- Conversion Between Fahrenheit and Kelvin
- Conversion Between Celsius and Fahrenheit
Converting temperature between Celsius and Kelvin
- The temperature conversion formula from Celsius to Kelvin is:
|K = C + 273.15|
- The temperature conversion formula from Kelvin to Celcius is:
|C = K − 273.15|
Converting temperature between Fahrenheit and Celsius
Fahrenheit to Celsius and Celsius to Fahrenheit formulas are listed below. These formulas will help to convert the temperature into required units.
- The temperature conversion formula from Fahrenheit to Celsius is:
|C = (F − 32) × 5⁄9|
- The Temperature Conversion Formula from Celsius to Fahrenheit is:
|F = C(9⁄5) + 32|
Converting temperature between Fahrenheit and Kelvin
- The Temperature Conversion Formula from Fahrenheit to Kelvin is:
|K = (F − 32) × 5⁄9 + 273.15|
- The Temperature Conversion Formula from Kelvin to Fahrenheit is:
|F = (K – 273.15) × 9⁄5 + 32|
Table to help you know how to convert temperature formula for very scale
|Unit||To Celsius||To Fahrenheit||To Kelvin|
|Celsius (C)||C (°)||C(9⁄5) + 32||C + 273.15|
|Fahrenheit||(F − 32) × 5⁄9||F||(F − 32) × 5⁄9 + 273.15|
|Kelvin||K – 273.15||(K – 273.15) * 9/5 + 32||K|
What is 30°C in Kelvin?
The temperature conversion formula from Celsius to Kelvin is, K = C + 273.15
K = 30 + 273.15 K = 303.15
Convert 50°C to °F.
Celsius to Fahrenheit conversion formula is given by:
°F = °C(9⁄5) + 32
= 50 (9/5) + 32
= 90 + 32
Therefore, 50°C = 122°F
Convert 113°F to Kelvin.
Fahrenheit to Kelvin conversion formula is given by:
K = (F − 32) × 5⁄9 + 273.15
= (113 – 32) × (5/9) + 273.15
= 81 × (5/9) + 273.15
= 45 + 273.15
Therefore, 113°F = 318.15 K
Convert 225 K to Celsius.
Kelvin to Celsius conversion formula is given by:
C = K – 273.15
= 225 – 273.15
Therefore, 225 K = -48.15°C.
Please share this article with your friends and remember to subscribe to our newsletter for more important updates if you know that it has helped you know temperature conversion formula scale for Kelvin (K), Fahrenheit (F) and Celcius (C).
Read these also: