Looking for the top best skills or entrepreneurship career that you can acquire during your service at NYSC orientation program? In this post, I will discuss with you top 15 best skills you should choose to learn during NYSC camp program.
Being at the NYSC orientation camp, you get an opportunity to learn the skills you want from the trainers who were provided by Federal governments or from your fellow Corps members.
Top 15 best skills to learn during NYSC with SAED
Thank to the government of federal republic of Nigeria as it’s added skill acquisition platform for all interested corps members to learn during their NYSC service in the orientation camp.
The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) in Nigeria is a program designed for fresh graduates of universities and polytechnics to undertake one year mandatory national service in various public and private institutions at the end of which they are discharged into the already saturated labor market.
Read this also: list of money transfer operators in Nigeria and how to send and transfer money internationally (CBN licensed)
Top 15 best skills to learn or entrepreneurship to grab during NYSC orientation program are:
- Programming/Coding skill
- Digital Marketing
- Microsoft office suite
- Video Editing
- Adobe suite: Photoshop, Dreamweaver
- Graphic design
- Web design
- Typing skill
- Fashion designing
- Dye, soap, cream, etc. making
- Brick making and laying
- Learning how to sell things like cars and their parts
List of all NYSC SAED programs
NYSC has invented one important department or scheme called SAED purposely to empower & activate Corps members by leveraging technology & strategic partnerships to enable solutions that help them discover their potential; develop and activate their employability as well as their entrepreneurship capacity to create value and derive economic benefits.
This scheme is headed by NYSC director and is made up of two divisions namely:
- Skills Acquisition Division
- Entrepreneurship and Empowerment Division
That is, SAED, as referred by NYSC, stands for Skill Acquisition and Entrepreneurship Development.
NYSC SAED is the official youth empowerment accelerator platform of the Skill Acquision and Entrepreneurship Development (SAED) Department of the NYSC that is designed to enable you access the full benefits of the SAED program from anywhere you are.
It is packed full of information, programs tools and solution to help you develop yourself, get a job, start and grow your business, learn new skills, find trainers and business partners near you, and more.
See this also: how to check NIN number with tracking ID.
NYSC SAED loan empowerment
After you have completely done the participation of your NYSC SAED program, you will be granted with some funds (loan) and tools to support or start up your business.
You can keep in touch with local and innovative programs like grants, scholarships, competitions, loan schemes business incubation programs, etc. being offered by NYSC partners, through the opportunity centre.
Most importantly, after the completion of your program, you will be issued SAED Certificate that demonstrates that you have acquired core entrepreneurship and career development skills during your stay at NYSC orientation camp.
- Mindset Reorientation
- Entrepreneurship Development
- Skills Development & Certification
- Job Creation
At NYSC orientation camp, they gather data, build insight & trainings to enable youth development. They leverage technology & strategic partnerships to craft & deploy innovative solutions to youth empowerment challenges.
By learning a skill or entrepreneurship development strategy as a corps member, NYSC will:
- Find trainers and trainings across a variety of skills near you.
- Keep in touch with local and innovative programs like grants, scholarships, competitions, loan schemes business incubation programs, etc, being offered by NYSC partners, through the opportunity centre.
- Get your eSAED Certificate that demonstrates that you have acquired core entrepreneurship and career development skills.
Read this also: list of all notable musicians that studied in UNILAG.
Functions of NYSC SAED
NYSC SAED which was established as a department or division in order to provide skill acquisition and entrepreneurship development to corps members, some of its functions are:
- Sensitize and mobilize 200, 000 young graduates for skill acquisition annually
- Facilitate the training and mentoring of 100, 000 young graduates in skill acquisition and entrepreneurship development for self-reliance annually
- Promote public-private partnership for entrepreneurship development and self-reliance amongst Nigerian youths
- Promote documentation and sharing of best practices on youth empowerment in Nigeria
- Support evidence-driven advocacy efforts for favorable policies on youth empowerment in Nigeria
- Sensitization and mobilization of corps members for enrollment into the skill acquisition and entrepreneurship development program
- Development of a standard curriculum for the in-camp skill acqusition exercise
- Identification of organizations at state level to provide training and mentoring in specific skills sets
- Attachment of the corps members to the various organizations for skill acquisition and entrepreneurship development
- On-going monitoring and supervision of trainee corps members
- Facilitate access to available funding opportunities
Professional courses to learn during NYSC
During your stay at NYSC orientation camp, you can opt in to learn a skill like driving, fashion designing, barbing, etc. or grab entrepreneurship development skill like how to sell products or services and make profit.
By opting in to grab a professional career development course during your stay at NYSC orientation camp, you can enjoy the features below:
- Meet experts that will help you clarify your career direction and provide other guidance and conseling support.
- Build and download your CV
- Meet experts that will help you create your CV, cover letter and social media profiles.
- Post and view full-time, contract and volunteer job opportunities.
- Monetize your existing skill by creating a freelancer profile.
- Get expert career advise and mentorship from recruiters and career professionals.
Meanwhile, if you decide to learn a lucrative business during your program at NYSC orientation camp in order to become self employed after your pass out, NYSC Entrepreneurship Development department can help you:
- Feature your business in the ventures directory and attract investors to you.
- Get expert advice and mentorship on entrepreneurship in the online entrepreneurship incubator.
- Overcome your small business challenges by engaging with experts in the online business clinic.
- Meet and learn from other people all over the country doing over 50 specific small businesses like Fish Farming, Cosmetology, etc. in the Side Hustle Communities.
- Meet and interact with expert mentors in over 50 business types that will provide expert guidance to enable you start your own side hustle.
- Showcase your products and services for the world to see and engage with you.
- Request for product and services (e.g raw materials for your small business) from a nationwide community and get connected for by potential suppliers.
- Request and meet co-founders and business partners for your business.
Read this also: top 16 successful entrepreneurs in Nigeria and what they produce.
How to register as an NYSC SAED trainer (step by step)
To register as an NYSC SAED trainer while you are receiving an orientation at the camp, please follow the instructions below step by step:
Visit SAED website at www.saedconnect.org and follow the prompts found on their website to register.
Please for more important information and enquiries,
- Email: [email protected]
- WhatasApp: 08104477275
- Twitter/instagram: @saedconnect
- Telegram: t.me/saedconnect
If you know that this article has helped you know the top 15 best skills to learn during your NYSC orientation camp program and how you can register, please subscribe to our newsletter for more important updates.
Read this also: list of all banks that female is their CEO in Nigeria.