Before the end of this article, You will know how to transfer airtime or credit on MTN line for the first time. First, you will know the USSD code to change MTN airtime transfer PIN.
If you know how to change MTN airtime transfer PIN using any of the guides which we are going to show you, that means you can easily transfer airtime from MTN SIM card to any other SIM card any time, anywhere.
MTN airtime transfer PIN enables all MTN customers to transfer airtime between NGN50.00 – NGN5, 000.00 in a single transaction.
MTN network cares a lot about the security of its customers, hence, your airtime transfer is secure as your PIN must provided before any transfer should be completed.
Read this also: how to load Airtel card if you’re owing airtime while you are not ready to pay.
How to reset MTN airtime transfer code
To transfer credit or airtime on your MTN SIM card for the first time, you have to change or reset the default PIN which is 0000 to any four digit PIN you will remember.
After your PIN has been changed, then go to a message application on your mobile device and send the text message to 777 in the format below:
- Simply text ”Transfer [space] Recipient’s phone no. [space] Airtime amount [space] Transfer pin” and send to 777.
- For example, if you want to transfer N500 airtime to 08144965246 when your PIN is 3987, then text Transfer 08144965246 500 3987 then send it to 777
Please note that before you can transfer airtime on any MTN line, you must change the default PIN which is 0000.
To change your MTN airtime transfer PIN, just follow the instructions below:
- Send an SMS with your Default PIN New PIN New PIN to 777. For example, send an SMS with ‘0000 1234 1234’ to 777.
- You can also change your PIN by dialing *777*Default PIN*New PIN* New PIN# on your phone and then click on send/press ok. For example, dial *777*0000*1234*1234# and then send/OK.
Immediately you change your PIN using any of the two options above, you will receive an SMS notifying you that your PIN has been changed successfully.
Some of the important things to know if you want to transfer airtime on MTN line using any method are:
- You can only transfer in Naira amounts and not in kobo, for example, you can transfer NGN101.00 but not NGN100.99.
- You can transfer between NGN50.00 – NGN5,000.00 in a single transaction.
- You can transfer up to NGN100,000.00 from your phone to either a single or multiple MTN accounts every day.
- There is no limit to the maximum number of transactions per day.
- If your MTN prepaid account does not have enough airtime to cover the amount you have requested to transfer, the transaction will not be completed and you will receive an error message.
- If you are a postpaid customer, you will only be able to transfer airtime when your account is in positive.
- You will not be able to transfer airtime when your account is negative (-).
- For example, if your account balance is N-300.00. You will not be able to use MTN Share.
- On the other hand, if your account balance is N1,000.00 you will be able to transfer airtime up to the available N1,000.00 in your account.
See this also how can you track the number that used your MTN recharge card.
USSD code to transfer airtime on MTN
USSD code to transfer or share airtime on MTN is a service that allows you to transfer airtime (credit) from your MTN account to other MTN customers’ accounts.
MTN Share can be used by all new and existing prepaid and postpaid customers of the MTN network.
Using the procedures and USSD code below, you can now transfer airtime for free of charge from MTN line.
How to transfer airtime on MTN using SMS
- Send an SMS with Transfer, Recipient’s Number, Amount and PIN to 777. For example, you can send an SMS with ‘Transfer 08144955623 1500 1234’ to 777 to transfer N1500 airtime.
- Upon sending this message, you will receive an SMS asking you to confirm that you want to make the transfer by sending an SMS with ‘YES’ to 777.
How to transfer airtime using USSD
To successfully transfer airtime on MTN line using USSD code method, the instructions below are helpful:
- Dial *777*Recipient’s Number*Amount*PIN# on your phone and then click on send/press OK.
- For example, dial*777*08031234567*1500*1234# and then send/OK.
- When the transfer has been completed, you will receive a message informing you that the transfer was successful.
For more information, please visit MTN airtime transfer portal by clicking here.
If you know that this article has helped you know how you can transfer airtime on your MTN SIM card and how to reset or change your MTN airtime transfer PIN, please share it with your friends and remember to subscribe to our newsletter for more important updates.
Read this also: how to update your MTN SIM card details online.