Continue reading for more details about 2020/2021 federal government scholarships for students in Nigerian NUC-recognized schools.
Are you a Nigerian higher education student and thinking how to benefit Federal Government scholarships opportunity? The federal government scholarships are what I will discuss throughout in this article.
Application forms are available online during the recruitment and can be completed and printed by prospective candidates for endorsement by their Head of Department (HOD) and Registrars of their institutions.
Recommended article: Nigerian Navy Recruitment For 2020 & How To Apply
Federal Government Scholarships For 2020/2021 (Requirement or Eligibility)
Below are the requirements of each eligible categories of Nigerian students who can apply for Federal Government Scholarships.
- Undergraduate Students In Any Recognized & Public Nigerian Universities
- Higher National Diploma (HND) Students
- Nigerian Certificate In Education (NCE) Students and lastly
- Postgraduate (PGD) Students
Requirements for each of these categories of students are as explained below;
1. UNIVERSITY UNDERGRADUATE:
All applicants must be full-time students in their second year of study and above in Federal or State Universities, they must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 4.0 on a 5.0 point scale or its equivalent in the previous academic year’s examinations.
1. HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND):
All applicants must be full-time students in their second year of study in any of the Federal or State Polytechnics or Monotechnics, they must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 on a 4 scale or its equivalent in the previous academic year’s examinations.
3. NIGERIAN CERTIFICATE IN EDUCATION (NCE):
All applicants must be full-time students in their second year of study and above in any Federal or State Colleges of Education and they must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 on a 4 point scale or its equivalent in the previous academic year’s examinations.
4. POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP:
Canditates must be a full-time students of Federal or State universities and must have a minimum of second class Honours (Upper Division) in their 1st degree.
Federal Government Scholarship Interview (Aptitude Test) Date
The schedule of the scholarship application is what we will discuss in this paragraph below.
Interview Dates: the application date has not yet announced, and please check this article forupdate, I will update this article whenever this federal government scholarships for 2020/2021 is announced.
Interview Venue: the interview of Federal Government Scholarships for shortlisted candidates is always being taken at Unity Colleges in each State Capital including FCT.
Where there is no Unity School in the State Capital, candidates should contact: (A) The Secretary or (B) The State Scholarship Board.
How To Apply For Nigerian Federal Government Scholarships In 2020/2021
Completed application forms should be printed and submitted at the various interview centres alongside the following photocopies:
- Letter of admission to the institution
- Current Course Registration Form
- Student Identity Card
- Last sessional CGPA result
- Letter of identification from State/Local Government of origin
- Two passport-size photographs with name fully written at the back
Please click (http://education.gov.ng/federal-scholarships/) to continue your 2020/2021 Federal Government Scholarship application!
Meanwhile, all federal government scholarship’s candidates should note that:
1. Qualified candidates who have completed their prescribed application forms for the Nigerian Awards scholarship should attend selection interviews as scheduled above;
2. Application forms that are incorrect, incompletely filled or without the necessary documents will not be processed;
3. All application forms must be duly signed and stamped by their HOD and Registrar;
4. Candidates must attend interviews with the following:
- Writing materials such as pen, HB pencil and
- Originals of certificates for screening
5. Interview starts by 8.00Am daily.
6. Candidates are advised to adhere strictly to the schedules of the interview
7. Assistances should be addressed to the Director/Secretary Federal Scholarship Board FME Annex, Opp. Arewa Suites Central Business District Abuja.
Warning: PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS APPLICATION DOES NOT ATTRACT ANY PROCESSING FEE. THEREFORE, BEWARE OF FRAUDSTERS!
I’m Abdulrazaq Yahaya. I am one of the content writers at Fastknowers blog, here.
If my articles help you, please subscribe to our newsletter and remember to like my Facebook’s page so that you will be able to get updated anytime I am publishing contents. Thank you.