Are you a customer of Polaris bank and looking for how to activate Polaris bank transfer code and how to use it to perform everything step by step? In this article, we are going to discuss how does Polaris bank USSD code (*833#) work and how you can activate and use it.
Polaris bank is as same as Skye bank. In fact, Polaris bank is the name given to Skye bank after it was bought by Polaris company in 2019. Hence, the USSD code which Skye bank used before (*833#) is still working with Polaris bank till today. That is to say, transfer code of Polaris bank is *833#.
Polaris bank is a commercial bank licensed by CBN to carry out financial banking business in Nigeria. It has different branches across all thirty six states in Nigeria. Its estimated number of branches nation wide as of 2020 was an approximate of 200 branches.
Read this also: list of all commercial banks in Nigeria and their current CEO.
How to register Polaris bank transfer code
With Polaris bank transfer USSD code, it is not only a fund transfer transaction you can do but also open an account instantly, buy airtime, transfer funds from your account, pay your electricity and cable TV bills conveniently. As a matter of fact, Polaris bank does refer their USSD code as ”Smart Code”.
Most interestingly, as far as your phone is capable of carrying out USSD sessions, for example, if you can use it to dial a code to check the airtime account balance of your SIM, make call, etc. then you can use it to activate Polaris bank transfer code on it.
Polaris bank’s smart code, *833# does not require data (internet connection) because it is a USSD sessions which do not require the use of mobile data.
However, if you are not a customer of Polaris bank, this service is unavailable too you. I.e, before you can be allowed to use the service of Polaris bank USSD code, you must be their customer and have obtained your account because it must be used the the activation process.
To register Polaris bank transfer code on your SIM card, please follow the steps below:
- Dial *833# via your Polaris Bank registered SIM card (i.e, your alert SIM card)
- Follow the prompts to enter your account Number
- Enter any 4 digit number to be used as PIN
- Balance is displayed
- Success: you have now registered your SIM card for Polaris bank transfer service and henceforth you can use *833#.
Polaris bank USSD code
- Buy airtime for yourself: dial *833*AMOUNT#
- Transfer funds to other bank: dial *833*2*AMOUNT*ACCOUNTNUMBER#
- Buy airtime to others SIM card (third party): dial *833*AMOUNT*PHONENUMBER#
- Transfer funds to Polaris bank: dial *833*AMOUNT*ACCOUNTNUMBER#
- Transfer funds: dial *833*3# and follow the instructio to choose the type of bank you want to transfer to
- Check your account balance: *833*6#.
Read this also: list of all banks that female is their CEO in Nigeria.
The collection of all Polaris bank code and their uses
As you know, with Polaris bank USSD code, you can perform bank services for yourself at the comfort of your home or office. Some features and benefits of Polaris bank USSD or transfer code are:
- You don’t require data (internet) on your phone to use *833#
- It saves time queuing in the branch in the name of checking your account balance or transfer funds to other bank accounts in any Nigerian bank
- It works on all phone types
- It is smart, fast, and convenient
- You can use Polaris bank USSD code to transfer up to N50,000 per day
- You can also be able to renew your DStv, pay your electricity
- At the comfort of every where you may are, you can fund your sport betting account, for example, Bet9ja account and lots more.
The collection of all Polaris bank USSD codes and their respective functions or uses are discussed below step by step:
- Transfer Funds (*833*3#)
- Check your Balance (*833*6#)
- Airtime and data Top-up
- Open an Account (*833*1#)
- Pay Bills (*833*2#)
- Update your BVN (*833*5#)
- Block/Unblock your Polaris bank ATM card (*833*4#)
- Pay with MasterPass (*833*7#)
Now, let’s start explaining to you how to use Polaris bank USSD code to perform any task of your choice.
Polaris bank fund transfer code
To use Polaris bank code to transfer fund from your account to other bank account or to another Polaris account, simply dial *833*Amount*Account Number# from your phone line registered with Polaris Bank (alert line) and then follow the prompts.
Please follow the following instructions to know more how to transfer money from your account using code:
- Dial *833*Amount*Account Number# (e.g. *833*5000*2148659210#)
- Select the bank of the account you want to transfer to
- Verify the account Name
- Select which of your accounts you want to transfer from
- Enter your PIN to complete the transaction (Please use your PolarisMobile PIN if you are a PolarisMobile user or enter the 4 digit PIN created during your registration for *833# registration
- Dial *833# and select option 3 (Transfers) or Dial *833*3#
- Select the account to debit
- Select receiver’s bank
- Enter the Account Number you would like to transfer to and click ‘Send’
- Confirm the Account name and enter the ‘Amount’ to transfer
- Enter your Pin (Please use your PolarisMobile PIN if you are a PolarisMobile user or enter the 4 digit PIN created during your registration for *833# registration).
Code to check balance
As an active customer of Polaris bank, you may need to check your account from time to time especially when you are expecting some one to send money to your account.
However, if you are busy or you can’t brave traffic to visit the Polaris branch to check your account balance at the ATM, just simply dial *833*6# on your mobile phone and follow the prompts. Please use the steps below:
- Dial *833*6# from your Polaris Bank registered line
- Select option 6 to check your balance
- Follow the prompts to enter your account Number
- Enter any 4 digit number to be used as PIN (Please use your PolarisMobile PIN if you are a PolarisMobile user or enter the 4 digit PIN created during your registration for *833# registration)
- Note there is a N10 charge to check your balance.
Read these also:
- Wema Bank transfer code, *945# and how to activate
- Union Bank Transfer Code For Nigeria & Ultimate Guides
- How to open Kuda bank account step by step
- Ecobank branches in Kogi state and their Customer care number
- Best banks to open domiciliary account with in Nigeria (2022)
Airtime and data top up code
Are you out of airtime or data and find it difficult to buy recharge card from the local store? No need to stress yourself anymore! Because you can simply recharge airtime or data from your Polaris bank account with *833#.
To top up a SIM card with airtime or data by purchasing them directly from your Polaris account, dial *833*AMOUNT# to buy Airtime for yourself or dial *833*AMOUNT*PHONENUMBER# to buy airtime for others.
Alternatively, you can also dial *833# from your mobile phone, select option 8 and follow the prompts.
To buy airtime for yourself instantly, dial *833*AMOUNT# via your phone line which is registered with Polaris Bank (alert line).
In the same vein, if you want to recharge airtime to other SIM card that is not yours or registered with Polaris bank as your alert number, for example, the phone number of your friend, dad, wife, etc. please follow the step by step instructions below:
- Dial *833*AMOUNT*PHONENUMBER# (e.g. *833*1500*09122075365#)
- Select account
- Select network
- Select Account to Debit
- Enter Pin
You can also buy Airtime by following the steps below:
- Dial *833#
- Select option 8 on the menu (Airtime top-up) click on send
- Select option 2 for third party
- Select the account to debit
- Select receiver’s network
- Enter receiver’s phone number
- Enter airtime amount
- Enter pin (this should be PolarisMobile PIN for PolarisMobile users).
Open account code
In the same process just like you use Polari bank USSD code to transfer money from your account to another account, you can also use *833# to pen a Polaris Bank Account instantly from the convenience of your home and wherever you are.
To open new Polaris bank account, dial *833*1# and follow the prompts or follow the step by step instructions below:
- Dial *833# and select option 1 or Dial *833*1# from your mobile phone
- Follow the prompts to enter your: First name | Last name | Date of Birth | Address
- Once completed, you will receive an SMS notification immediately advising you of your new Polaris Bank Account Number and next steps required if any
Note: after you have completed everything, an account number will be automatically created and sent to you via SMS.
Account opening form is not required for you to Polaris bank account if you dial their bank opening USSD code (*833*1#). Once you are done up, check your message inbox for your ten-digit account number (also known as NUBAN).
Bill payment code
Now, using Polaris code, you can renew your cable TV bill such as DSTV, GOTV, Startime subscription, or pay your electricity bills, fund your Bet9ja account with *833#.
To do any of those tasks, dial *833*2# from your mobile phone, select your preferred account to pay with, select a biller and follow the prompts to input the payment details and validate with your PIN to complete the payment.
For more understanding on how to do, please follow the instructions below:
- Dial *833*2#
- Select which of your Polaris Bank Accounts you would like to use to make the payment
- Select the biller you would like to pay
- Follow the prompts
- Enter the amount
- Enter your PIN (Please use your PolarisMobile PIN if you are a PolarisMobile user or enter the 4 digit PIN created during your registration for *833# registration).
Block/Unblock your ATM card code
You can securely block your Polaris bank ATM card in the event it get lost, stolen, expired or missing.. Simply dial *833*4# and follow the prompts to quickly block or unblock your debit card.
Update your BVN (*833*5#)
You can also use the USSD code of Polaris bank to update some self-editable details or information of yourself on your BVN such as changing your date of birth, address, phone number, email address, etc.
To update the details on your BVN using Polaris USSD code, please dial *833*5# and follow the prompts.
Pay with MasterPass (*833*7#)
- Dial *833*7# from your phone line registered with Polaris Bank
- Enter the Master Pass Code of the Merchant you would like to pay
- Enter Amount of the goods or service you want to pay for
- Select which of your accounts you would like to use to make the payment
- Enter your PIN to complete the payment
Please note that the MasterPass Merchant Code is usually displayed under the MasterPass QR code displayed at the seller’s (Merchant) location. Please ask a member of the Merchant’s staff at the location if in doubt.
Please share this article with your friends and remember to subscribe to our newsletter for more important updates if you know that it has helped you know Polaris bank transfer code and other relevant USSD codes and how to apply or use them.
Read this also: how to open Kuda bank account step by step.
I’m Abdulrazaq Yahaya. I am one of the content writers at Fastknowers blog, here.
If my articles help you, please subscribe to our newsletter and remember to like my Facebook’s page so that you will be able to get updated anytime I am publishing contents. Thank you.