As election is around the corner, how can you apply for INEC adhoc staff when they have started the recruitment in 2021.
This post will discuss everything that concerns INEC adhoc staff, requirements for applying INEC adhoc staff, how to apply for INEC adhoc staff, deadline for INEC adhoc staff recruitment in 2021, etc.
Please stay tuned and read this post completely to an end with us as we are going to unveil ins and outs relating to how to become or apply for INEC adhoc staff.
In Nigeria, there must be a political election every time, hence, here is a chance for you to serve as an adhoc staff of INEC to secure voters during election so that you should get paid while the election is in progress or after voting.
Remember to read wards and polling units in Kaduna, Plateaus and Ebonyi state
General requirements of INEC adhoc staff recruitment
Are you interested to apply for INEC adhoc staff recruitment? If yes, then please read the following general requirements of being INEC adhoc staff in 2021:
- Applicant must be a Nigerian citizen
- Must present a Certificate of State of Origin Signed by the Chairmann or Secretary of his/her Local Government.
- A Certificate of endorsement by Liaison Officers is not acceptable;
- Be computer literate;
- Be Certified by Government Medical Officer to be physically and mentally fit for appointment in the Commission;
- Not be above 35 years of age.
Before you register for INEC adhoc staff in any election in this year 2021, please ensure you have the following ready;
- A functional email address.
- A functioning mobile phone number.
- A personal bank account number.
- A recent, white background Passport Photograph not larger than 5MB.
- Contact details of two referees such as email address and phone number.
- A valid Staff ID No./Student ID No (as displayed on your ID Card)
- An NYSC Callup Number for former corps members (not earlier than 2019).
- NYSC Callup Number for current corps members, 2021.
- A copy of highest qualification in .pdf format
- A copy of means of identification in .jpg, .jpeg or .gif format
Remember to read list of all NUC approved Microfinance banks in Nigeria and their locations
INEC officials and their eligibilities to apply
Do you want to become INEC official or adhoc staff, for example, SPO, RAC, APO, RATECH, etc, in 2021? If yes, then outlined below are the various positions available and their requirements.
Please ensure you read the instructions attached to each of them before you begin your registration as your registration can be disregarded if you don’t to the position that matches you.
1. SUPERVISORY PRESIDING OFFICER (SPO)
Requirements to apply for SPO position of INEC adhoc staff are, you must be:
- A Public/Civil servant on Grade level 10 – 14 or
- A Registration Area Officer (INEC Staff)
- A Staff not engaged in any other duties .
2. REGISTRATION AREA CENTER (RAC) MANAGER
To apply for the position of RAC adhoc staff during an election in Nigeria in 2021, your requirements are:
- Must be a Head of School
- You must be a staff on GL 07 and above of the School
- You must have an institution that hosts the RAC services.
3. PRESIDING OFFICER (PO) / ASSISTANT PRESIDING OFFICER (APO)
Before you are eligible to apply for the position of PO or APO position of INEC adhoc staff, the following are what you must be:
- A Serving Corps member
- A penultimate student of a Federal/State tertiary institution in Nigeria with an knowledge of IT including students in year 2 and 3
- A staff of an MDA with an OND or on GL 07-10
- A former Corps Member (Not earlier than 2016)
Hey! Don’t forget to read list of all approved Federal universities in Nigeria across every state in 2021
4. REGISTRATION AREA TECHNICAL SUPPORT (RATECH)
To apply for this position, RATECH, you must have a little bit knowledge about ICT in order to help fix any technical issues that may arise in your polling unit during voting.
All applicants for this category (REGISTRATION AREA TECHNICAL SUPPORT (RATECH)) must have an IT skill.
Hence, if you know that you have a good ICT skill, then apply for this category even though you don’t an advanced certificate.
Meanwhile, if you are currently an INEC ICT staff, feel free to apply for this category an make sure that you are not going to engage in any other duties in the day of election.
INEC has advised that all eligible and intending applicants should enroll based on the appropriate category that currently applies to them.
Please note that deployment would be done based on your selected state of residence.
How to apply for INEC adhoc staff step by step
INEC adhoc staff online registration form is segmented into three (3) sections and they are:
- Personal Information
- Contact Information and
- Bank information details.
Please ensure you fill in and cross check your details very well to make sure you have entered the correct ones because you will not be allowed to edit any detail once the form is submitted.
Applying to serve as an adhoc staff of INEC, note that an application must be done online by creating your own account and if you are yet to create an account or register on INEC platform (website), then follow the steps outlined below:
- Review the requirements for the available positions
- Click on “Register” and follow the instructions
- Create your Password
- Fill the Application form
- Upload your passport photograph
- Fill in the details of your referees
- Check the Attestation box
- Submit the application
- Print your acknowledgement slip
You may read this: how to change the name and date of birth on your NIN step by step very fast
Things to note when applying for INEC adhoc staff
You are expected to go through the requirements for all available Election staff positions to determine your eligibility.
After creating your password, you will be automatically logged into the INEC adhoc staff portal and you will be presented with an application form.
You are required to upload a recent plain background passport photograph of size not larger than 5MB after the completion of creating your adhoc staff account.
In the event that you can’t upload your passport photograph, that could be as a result of the data size of the passport which you want to upload. Hence, we advise that you should resize the passport photo to the defined size before uploading.
However, some applicants complain about no seeing their passport after they have uploaded, if you cannot find your passport on the preview of your profile page, simply click on the “My Account” on the top right of your screen and click on Update photograph link on the left tab and upload a new passport.
Every information you provide will be validated from your institutions/organization/referees, thus ensure to upload the correct ones when check the Attestation box.
All applicants are required to apply for one Election staff position ONLY, hence don’t apply two positions at a time otherwise you will automatically be disqualified.
Yes, of course you can apply for any position which you are eligible for. To determine if you are eligible to apply for any of INEC adhoc staff positions, please do simply scroll up a little and read the eligibilities of all INEC adhoc staff position as we have written that for you earlier.
To help you know that you have successfully completed your INEC adhoc staff recruitment, the portal will display an acknowledgement slip for you to print and a congratulatory message will be sent to your email after the completion of online registration exercise.
Remember to print your acknowledgement slip because it is mandatory as you will need it for the final verification.
Related post how to upload any type of o’level result on JAMB portal (step by step)
How to contact INEC official about adhoc staff recruitment
As an interested applicant of INEC adhoc staff, you can reach out to INEC helpdesk via the form below. In fact, they will respond to your request(s) shortly accordingly.
For any enquiry, complaint or request that concerns INEC adhoc staff recruitment in 2021, reach out to official Helpdesk of INEC by contacting any of the following mobile numbers.
- Queen: 08051631991
- Jubril: 09064634270
- Ada: 09074878198
- Bolaji: 09130622247
- Hauwa: 08037534901
- Wale: 08037674782
- Chris: 08184322193
- Bassey: 08184824526
If you know that this article has helped you know how to apply for INEC adhoc staff recruitment and requirements for INEC adhoc staff recruitment in 2021 , please share it with your friends and remember to subscribe to our newsletter in order for us to update you anytime we publish any INEC related post on this website.
Read this also: how to edit details on your NIN (National ID card) by yourself online very fast (step by step guides).