If your business is booming, you may want to create a Gmail account for yourself or your staff. Are you just starting out and need an email address? Today, we have got you covered.
In this article, we shall show you how to create a Google account in order for you to be able to get a Gmail email address with @gmail.com, for example, [email protected].
Importance of Gmail address for business owners
The Gmail address is a great tool for business owners. It’s easy to use and free, secure, reliable, and fast.
If you have a small business or are the only person who uses your email account for business purposes, then having an official-looking Gmail address may not be necessary.
However, if you want people to know that they’re communicating with someone at your company, then having this sort of information on their resumes will help them get jobs in the future.
And even if they don’t end up working there long-term and perhaps never do having this information will still be useful later on down the road when LinkedIn needs updated profiles or something similar happens!
You may see our expert guide on how to create a professional email address, for example, [email protected] or read the differences between email and Gmail address.
You can continue reading if you don’t prefer the video guide.
Now, let’s start.
How to creating an email address with Gmail (step-by-step)
- Go to https://gmail.google.com/, and click on the “Sign up” button.
- Type in your name, email address, password, and a security question.
- Click on the “Create account” button at the bottom of the page.
- Success: you are done.
How to create a custom email address
To create a custom email address, here are the steps.
1. Register a domain and buy hosting
When you’re ready to register a domain, there are several things to keep in mind. First and foremost, your domain name should be easy for people to remember. It should also be easy for them to spell and pronounce correctly.
Lastly, it’s important that the domain name has some intrinsic value it should have some meaning beyond simply being a URL or numerical address (like “businessname.com”).
If you don’t have any ideas already or aren’t sure what those ideas might be yet then here are some suggestions:
- A short and memorable phrase (e.g., “Business Name”)
- An acronym: acronymic domains such as ”.us”, “.bz” are often more memorable than fully qualified ones like “.com”, “.org”.
You may see our expert guide on how to register a domain name for free when you buy web hosting. Luckily, our domain name registrar, FastComet now offers free domain name to people when they buy a hosting from them using our link. Visit their website at www.fastcomet.com to enjoy this offer.
2. Connect to Google apps
- Go to the Google Apps sign-in page by clicking the “Google Apps” sign at the top of your Gmail window.
- Enter your domain and click the “Sign In” button (you’ll be prompted for a username/password).
- Enter your username and password, then click “Sign In.”
3. Create an email address
To create a Gmail account for your business, you’ll need to log in to Google Apps.
Once logged in, click on “Apps” from the top navigation bar and then select “Create New Account.”
In the next screen that appears, enter your name as well as any other relevant information such as a subject line or email address (e.g., [email protected]). You’ll also have the option of choosing whether this is going to be a personal or professional account by selecting either “Personal” or “Business.”
After clicking Next Step at this point, you’ll be provided with more options—the most important being where you’d like all correspondence sent from instead of just one person’s correspondence getting forwarded everywhere else without any differentiation between what type of message it was intended for (personal vs business).
The final step involves choosing where those messages should go when they are received; users can choose either their primary inbox or their secondary inbox depending on how much time they want to spend reading each message before deleting it off their respective list(es).
Once everything has been set up correctly according to how many people will use this account together with who gets access to which folder, “click Finish & Create!”
4. Finally, access your inbox
Once you have a get your custom email address created, now, it’s time to open it. Here’s how to do that.
- Sign in with your Google account using the password and username or email address you have earlier created.
- Create an email address for your business by clicking “Next” on the main page of Gmail when prompted to do so by Google (this step is optional).
- You can also use this method if you want to send emails from another service provider like Outlook or Hotmail—in which case simply enter the password associated with that account when prompted!
How to reset your Google account password
One tip we have for you when creating a Gmail email account is you shouldn’t be too careless to forget your email password. Because if you have a recovery email saved on it, then Google will send you an email to confirm, but if that doesn’t work and there are no other ways for them to contact you like via an SMS, then they’ll lock you out of your account forever.
However, if you forget your password, follow the steps below to reset it.
- Visit www.google.com and click on “Gmail” on the page;
- Click “Sign In”;
- Choose “Set Up Password” from among several options available here;
- Enter a strong yet memorable password (we recommend at least 8 characters), then click “Next Step”;
- Confirm both fields by typing something into each field before clicking the next step again;
- Enter verification code into the field provided while verifying identity with a link sent via email by Google as well as making sure there isn’t anything wrong with anything else given during the sign-up process such as invalid dates, etc.,
- After completing all steps successfully enter the confirmation code received via text message or call when prompted.
Gmail allows people to manage their business email with ease. It provides unlimited storage space and makes it easy to find what you need when you need it! Sign up today and start using Gmail at gmail.com/businesses.
If you know that this article has helped you know how to create a Gmail account for your business, then please share it with your friends and remember to subscribe to our newsletter. You can also find us on Facebook.