If you’re a prospective part-time candidate of Bayero University, Kano (popularly known as BUK), then keep reading because I am about to show you everything about part-time application of Bayero University.
Bayero University Kano is one of the approved federal universities that are being approved to participate part-time program. Hence, if you’re intending to study part-time course, you can apply for part-time admission into BUK.
First of all, please note that the part-time application portal of Bayero University has opened and currently ongoing. In case you will do a mistake during the application process, I have additionally added the procedures of how to apply (step-by-step).
Requirements to apply for part time in Bayero University Kano (BUK)
You can apply for the part-time admission of any approved institutions of your choice regardless of the type of candidate you are.
That is, you can apply for part-time admission of BUK with O’Level certificate with the aid of JAMB or Advanced Level (AL) certificate (direct entry).
To apply for the part-time admission of Bayero University on direct entry basis, candidates must have got the certificate of: NCE, ND or any equivalent advanced level certificate.
As well to apply with the aid of JAMB, you must have sat for JAMB examination and scored a minimum point of 180.
In order to understand more about the requirements or eligibilities for the application of part-time admission of Bayero University, I have written the following in details for your convenience.
JAMB/UTME candidate’s requirements
Read this also: list of all approved JAMB CBT centres in Kano state in 2021.
If you’re a prospective candidate who want to apply part-time admission of BUK through JAMB, then you must:
- Have a minimum of five ‘O’ Level Credits in relevant subjects including English at not more than two sittings.
- Have a minimum of 180 points in 2020/2021 JAMB examination.
In addition, applicants for admission into B. Sc. Accounting, B.Sc. Business Administration, B.Sc. Mathematics, B. Sc. (Ed) Mathematics, B. Sc. Health Education and B. Sc. (Ed) Economics must also have credits in ‘O’ Level Mathematics.
Holders of National Board for Arabic and Islamic Studies Certificates (NBAIS) can only apply for B. A. Arabic and B. A. Islamic Studies.
Finally, please note that only candidates who chose Bayero University as first choice are eligible to apply.
Direct entry requirements to apply for part-time admission of BUK
If you want to gain part-time admission into Bayero University as direct entry candidates, then read below carefully.
To apply for part-time admission of Bayero University with direct, you must:
- Possess a recognized Advanced Level qualification in the area relevant to the programme of your of choice.
Such advanced level qualification(s) include(s) National Diploma (ND), Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE), Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) – (with a minimum of 6 points), Nursing Certificate, Diploma in Health Education, Diploma in Community Health, Diploma in Environmental Health, General Certificate of Education (GCE), ‘A’ Level and any other relevant qualification(s).
- Possess a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ Level Credits in relevant subjects, including English.
- Be at least 25 years old and above.
In addition, applicants for admission into B. Sc. Accounting, B.Sc. Business Administration, B.Sc. Mathematics, B. Sc. (Ed) Mathematics and B. Sc. (Ed) Economics must also have credits in ‘O’ Level Mathematics.
While candidates for B. Nursing Science and B. Sc. Health Education must have credits in English, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
Holders of National Board for Arabic and Islamic Studies Certificates (NBAIS) can only apply for B. A. Arabic and B. A. Islamic Studies.Candidates applying for B. Sc.
Also, Public Administration should possess a credit in Government/History.
How to apply for part time admission of BUK step by step
If you want to apply for part-time admission of BUK, then the following are the application procedures
- Visit JAMB Online Application Platform for Part-Time Degree Programme, select BUK, access the form, fill it and then make a non-refundable payment of Three Thousand Five Hundred Naira only (N3,500:00) into the JAMB’S Account
- Go to the Bayero University website and click on the Part-Time Degree Application Exercise link
- Click on the Register Tab on the left navigation panel to go to the Create an Account Page.
- At the creation of account page, create an account by providing your Full Name, Programme of Study, Personal Email, Personal GSM Phone Number, Mode of Entry (DE/UTME) and choose your password and clicking on the Create Account button.
- A username will automatically be generated for you, please take note of the username and password as you need them for subsequent steps of the application process.
- Please also take note of the Email and GSM Number you supplied during the creation of your account, as they are used together with the username to recover forgotten password.
After an account has been created, now what to do next?
- Login with your username and password to fill in the various sections of your application process.
- Choose additional programmes you are applying for.
- Provide personal, sponsorship and next-of-kin information.
- Provide/Update your O/A levels qualifications, O levels not more than 2 sittings and A levels not more than 3 settings.
- Provide the schools/colleges attended as well as the academic qualifications obtained, you can provide a maximum of 3 (three) schools/colleges and maximum of 3 (three) academic qualifications.
- Indicate whether employed or not. If employed, provide your current employment information, Employer, Position and the date you started the job
- Provide additional information, which include maximum of 3 researches and maximum of 3 publications.
- Generate your BUK Personalised Payment Form (BUKPPF). The BUKPPF includes information need to make payment through the Remita e-Payments platform.
- After successfully generated BUKPPF and using the Remita e-Payments platform, a Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) number is generated for you.
- The RRR uniquely ties your payment to your application account, after payment login to your application account and process your payment by clicking “Check Payment Status”.
- After your payment is verified, you are required to provide your UTME/DE No obtained during step 1 and without that, your application is incomplete
- After your payment is verified, you can print your acknowledgment/application form.
What to take note of while applying for an admission in BUK.
Note that only those that have printed the application form are considered for admission.
As a result of that, please keep your application form safe, the form will be needed during the collection of admission letters and during registration.
- You must complete steps 1, by purchasing DE/UTME form from Jamb Website.
- You must complete steps 1 through Step 11 before making payment.
- Your Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) number is very important, hence, you must make sure you type it correctly whenever and wherever your are using it.
If you know that this article has helped you, then please join the newsletter of this website for more henceforth.
Also if you want us to be improved, please share it with your friends and comment with any question you may have to ask.
I’m Abdulrazaq Yahaya. I am one of the content writers at Fastknowers blog, here.
If my articles help you, please subscribe to our newsletter and remember to like my Facebook’s page so that you will be able to get updated anytime I am publishing contents. Thank you.