Do you want to know how to change your courses and institutions on your JAMB profile in order to be considered for gaining admission in 2020?
The time for changing of course and institution on JAMB profile by candidates in 2020 has commenced.
In this article, i will teach you how you can change your course and institution on your JAMB profile without needing to step out to any JAMB office or computer centre, just follow my instructions and you will be cool.
Before we proceed, i want you to know two or more reasons why you must change your course and institution. It should not be changed aimlessly, there must be a unique reason.
Reasons Why People Should Change Their Courses And Institutions On JAMB Profile
Top four (4) reasons why you should change your courses or instistutions to another choice are:
- You scored below the aggregate cut-off mark of your institution
- You observe that the course you chose is very competitive while you cannot afford
- Institutions you chose as first choice is somehow hated by you
- You’ve probably made some mistakes during JAMB registration
Above are the major reasons why you must change your course and institution so as to let you stand a chance to gain admission.
If you are facing one or two of the cases above, you are advised to change your course and institution on your JAMB profile.
If you are a computer illiterate, go to the JAMB office nearest to your area and request for the changing your courses or instistutions.
Note: The change of course or institution costs #2,500 each per candidate.
Now we’re going to explain the reason why you need to change your course and institution from the one we listed above .
How To Change Your Course And Institution If You Scored Below Cut-Off Mark In JAMB Examination
Many 2020 JAMB candidates wished to score 3 times (250-300 points) of the cut-off mark of their first choice chosen institution in order to gain admission but unfortunately these wishes turned undoable due to one factor or the others.
If any candidates was a victim of this, he or she is advised to change his or her course and institution before he/she enroll in post UTME.
This the very reason you need to change your course and institution.
1. You scored below the aggregate cut-off mark of your institution
This is also the number one reasons why candidates need to change his or her institution.
Many students usually say after they had written JAMB that “I don’t like to study this course or in the institution I chose during JAMB registration” due to one facility or the others which the school doesn’t offer or have.
In fact, you may like the school and your parents can ask you to change it while you might had a score that can grant you admission.
2. You observe that the course you chose is very competitive while you cannot afford
In this reason, candidates got asked as quick as speed of light during his or her registration, so he or she might have done mistakes and mentioned wrong name to the moderator (JAMB agent).
If this is your situation, then you are advised to change what should be changed before you start anything.
Procedures Of How To Change All Your Details On Your JAMB Profile
Related to this article: 15 best courses to study in Nigeria in 2021.
Indeed, with your JAMB profile, you can change anything.
Now, we are heading to show how you can change your course and or institution.
With your smartphone, you can pay to JAMB in order to be enabled to change your courses or instistutions on your JAMB profile.
Below are the procedures for changing your course and Institution to any choice on your JAMB profile.
- Visit Jamb portal by Click Here
- Enter your username and password
- Login to your JAMB profile
- After you have logged in, you will see correction of data at the left sidebar. For phone users, you will need to click the menu to access Correction of data. See arrow in the image above to locate menu.
- Click on correction of data.
- Under correction of data, you will see course/institution, names, date of birth, gender and LGA.
- Finally, click on the one you want to change or correct.
- Then you will be taken to payment portal
How To Pay To JAMB For Changing Your Course Or Institution
- Follow the steps to pay either online with remitta or bank.
- However, you can even make your payment online via JAMB portal.
- If you are having difficulties doing that, you can pay to the bank as well.
- You can use your debit card (ATM Card) to pay online via remita
After Payment, What Next? (Visit JAMB CBT Centres)
JAMB CBT Centres In Every State In Nigeria For Changing Your Course Or Institution In 2020
In the CBT centre, any JAMB branch office, you would be given some forms to fill.
- Fill the form you are given to fill
- Follow what you will be told to do and JAMB agent will process your application.
- If Approved, your details will be changed as requested.
- Once the form is submitted, you can no longer make any changes again except for change of course and institution that can be done twice.
- There may be a limited number of schools or courses you can change to, so be sure to have 3 or 4 options, just in case the one you want to change to is not available.
- Please ensure you do research to know that the school you are changing to does not have cut-off higher than your present score.
- You can change one or all your courses/institutions at the same time.
- Select a Course/Institution that aligns with your subject combination (If you don’t do this, your school will disqualify your application)
If you know that we’ve helped you know how to do a Changing Of Course and Institution on your JAMB profile, please share this article with others and also follow us on Facebook or join our newsletter..
Finally please comment with any question you may want to ask if you know that this article has helped you know how to change your courses and institutions on JAMB profile