Every student studying any of the following courses: Engineering, Earth Sciences (Geology, Geophysics, Geography), Sciences, Social Sciences or Medical Sciences must carry SIWES program in an organization or industry for some months. In this article, I will show you how to do SIWES registration.
The SIWES programme provides hands-on work experience from day one, providing students the opportunity to work directly with inspiring and experienced professionals. The insights and skills gained by the end of the programme would be invaluable for future careers.
Read this also:– how to transfer airtime from Glo to Glo network.
Benefits of SIWES
This Industrial Training Programme or SIWES is designed for students to:
- Put theories and concepts into practice
- Build work related skills required for the business environment through constructive feedback and supervision
- Improve their general business/industry understanding
- Gain additional skills in areas such as communication, team building, problem solving and analytical reasoning
- Build valuable networks and contacts for professional development
- Gain insights into career options to support choice of specialised field area
Type of student who can do SIWES registration
Eligible applicants must:
- Be enrolled full‐time in a University or Polytechnic
- Have authorisation from their school to participate in the programme
How to register SIWES in 2022
- All applicants should have their personal valid email account (for consistent communication)
- Applicants who meet the above requirements should apply via the SIWES portal provided by their institution
During the registration process, please remember that the following things below are required:
- Student’s name
- Name of University/institution of higher learning
- Matriculation Number/ student ID number
- Course of study
- Required duration/period for internship and
- Contact details
- Scanned copy of official letter/ form from higher institution
- Current Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA)/Grade Point Average (GPA)
SIWES registration deadline
All applicants are expected to apply not later than three months before the proposed start date.
Please note that industrial training opportunities are based on business needs and limited slots are available yearly.
If you know that this article has helped you know how to carry out SIWES registration and courses required for SIWES enrolment, please subscribe to our newsletter and remember to share it with your friends.
Read these also: