Plugins act the same way that an application does on a mobile phone. There are thousands or even millions of plugins available in the WordPress directory. Today’s guide will discuss with you how you can install plugins on the WordPress website.
In the olden days, it was only web development experts that can develop websites as writing programming code is necessary. But now that technology has come, software developers have developed plugins that everyone can develop any type of website with.
With the plugin, you don’t need to write any code or go through any technical fixing. That is to say that everything in the plugin is drag and drop.
The major benefits of plugins are they provide developers the flexibility to customize site features and functionality.
You can install a plugin using two methods; uploading it or installing and activating it. A WordPress plugin is both free and paid.
A paid WordPress plugin provides more features than the free one. However, if you don’t have money to purchase paid WordPress plugin, then you can go for the free one as you will upgrade to the paid version when your website or blog is getting grown.
In this article, we shall discuss with you how to install plugins on your WordPress blog or website using those two available methods.
If you are interested, then let’s start now.
Read these also:
1. How to use Paystack to receive and transfer money (step by step).
2. How to create a school website for free.
3. Best topics that a web design company should blog about.
4. Differences between a blog and a website (vivid explanation).
5. How to become a blogger in Nigeria (step by step).
Please note there are three methods of adding new plugins to your WordPress website and they are installing method, uploading method, and FTP method. But we are going to explain only the first two methods.
How to install a plugin on a WordPress website
- First, log in to your WordPress dashboard
- Click Plugins, then click “Add new”.
- Now, search for a plugin with the search bar in the top right corner.
- Doing so, different plugins that match your search will appear.
- Check through the plugins which have appeared in the results and click “Install Now”
- After installing, then go to your dashboard to activate it in order to be able to use it.
Also, there is another method used to install plugins on WordPress websites. This method is for those who purchase paid plans from the developer’s website.
Let’s look at the procedures involved in uploading plugins on WordPress.
How to upload plugins on WordPress
- Download the plugin from your favorite source (website)
- Then log in to your WordPress dashboard and click “Plugin”, then “Add New”
- After that, click the “Upload Plugin” button which is at the top of the page.
- Now, click “Choose File”
- Locate the plugin source and upload it in such a way you upload images
- Finally, click “Activate Plugin”.
Please note that plugins can be uploaded or installed on a WordPress.org website. If you are using the WordPress.com platform, you would be able to use the plugin unless you have upgraded to a premium plan.
Note also that more plugins add more code that a browser has to load, which can slow your website down. So be mindful about the number of plugins you install on your website. It is also recommended to download the plugin from a verifiable source (website).
Because according to wpengine.com, 20 plugins are a pretty good number. The upper limit would be 30 plugins. Anything above 30 is too much. That is, the number of plugins on a website should not be more than 30.
I hope this article is helpful. Please let’s hear what you feel via the comment section. Also, remember to subscribe to our newsletter for more important updates. Thank you.