Airtel, being the top best or number one Nigerian leading network provider for both prepaid and postpaid customers in this year, it allows people to opt out from data plan they subscribed. If you want to know how to opt out data plan on Airtel network, then you have come to the right place.
It may not be a friendly thing to you when you load a recharge to your Airtel sim card in order to use it for something else later while you have realized that all of them wiped off as a result of Airtel data auto-renewal of a thing.
Meanwhile, unlike other three notable mobile network providers in Nigeria, Glo, MTN and Etisalat or 9Mobile, if you are about to buy data bundle to your Airtel sim card, you must be asked by Airtel if you would like to enable data auto-renewal feature any time your data get finished to a new data plan automatically.
Now at this point, if you like to buy a data plan yourself manually, simply reply with 2 and if you want to use the existing airtime in your Airtel sim card to browse, then simply select option 1 to turn this feature on.
- How many serial numbers of a recharge do all networks in Nigeria get and how to use recharge card serial number
- How to contact customer care of all networks in Nigeria step by step very fast
- How to recharge Glo card (seven step by step methods)
- How to hide your Facebook account to offline always to your friends (step by step)
- How to become a Yahoo boy on Facebook and make money (step by step guides and orientations you may be exposed to)
What we are going to be discussing here today is how you can opt out or deactivate auto renewal of data of Airtel network step by step when you have unintentionally opted in for it in the first time.
For example, let’s assume that you have been bearing this problematic data auto renewal feature by Airtel for a very long time but for now you have changed your mind and decided to deactivate it on your sim card as a result of one or two reasons, below are the surest ways which you can use to opt out Airtel auto renewal data plan.
How to opt out or deactivate Airtel renewal data plan very fast
Below are the explanations of four different methods to use to opt out or deactivate renewal of data plan on your Airtel sim card very fast step by step:
- Dialing USSD codes
- Sending text message
- Contacting Airtel customer care
- Via social media platforms
1. Dialing USSD codes
If you want to deactivate or opt out from using Airtel data auto renewal plan for your sim card by yourself, dialing a USSD code is the best and number one method.
USSD codes you can use to opt out Airtel auto renewal data plan very fast are arranged in the table below:
|S/N||Bundle name||Code to opt out|
|3||Black Berry bundles||Text STOP AUTO RENEW to 440|
|4||Daily or weekly bundles||Text STOP to 141|
2. Sending text message
Opting out of Airtel data auto-renewal feature is very, very easy thing to do which doesn’t require much technical brain or how to send a text message.
To opt out or deactivate data auto-renewal on Airtel network with this number two method that we have got in a list of our topic of discussion with you in this article, simply follow the instructions below carefully:
- Find your Message or SMS application on your mobile device
- Send STOP to 141
- After that, you’ll get a confirmation message as an inform of SMS which will indicate to you that you’ve opted out of Airtel data plan auto-renewal successfully.
3. Contacting Airtel customer care
Another surest and ideal method to opt out Airtel auto renewal data plan is to contacting Airtel customer care directly with your sim card.
The official phone number of the customer care of Airtel network is 111 and 121.
If you have got any issue that needs instant resolution or question to ask Airtel customer care, you can feel free to dial any of their phone number that you find it suitable (121 or 111).
However, use the following number to call them if you’re using the sim card provided by another network (Glo, MTN or Etisalat): +234 802 150 0111.
4. Via social media platforms
In the event when the first and second methods of how you can opt out or deactivate auto renewal of data plan on your Airtel sim card fail to help you, here is another big method that will surely work for you.
This method of opting out auto-renewal of data plan on Airtel network is one of our best methods that we use to instantly resolve any issue about our Airtel sim card at this site which most people or Airtel subscribers haven’t known yet.
Presently, Airtel Nigeria has an account on all social media platforms for helping or attending to the subscribers who may have some problems or enquiries while using their services every where and every time.
To opt-out of Airtel auto-renewal data plan service using this method, carefully follow the step by step instructions outlined below:
- Log in to your Twitter account on the Twitter mobile app or Twitter website
- Locate the search box and search for Airtel_care
- At this point, you will see the Twitter handle of official Airtel customer care with a verified badge
- Open the handle and locate the send message icon/button
- Send them a message stating your problem and make sure you include your phone number, and the data plan you want them to opt out of on your Airtel line
- Shortly one of their available agents for resolving the issues of their subscribers via their Twitter handle will read your message and help you resolve your issue as fast as possible
- After your issue has been successfully resolved, you will receive a text message from Airtel network.
If you know that this article has helped you know how to opt out of Airtel data plan step by step very fast, then please subscribe to our newsletter for an important updates from us in future.
Please remember to show care to your friends on social media by sharing this amazing article with them in order to help them know they can deactivate data auto renewal service on their Airtel network.
I’m Abdulrazaq Yahaya. I am one of the content writers at Fastknowers blog, here.
If my articles help you, please subscribe to our newsletter and remember to like my Facebook’s page so that you will be able to get updated anytime I am publishing contents. Thank you.