Upgrading the sim card you are presently using from 2g or 3g to 4g will let you enjoy quality voice and video calls, faster files download or upload, watching a videos on youtube in the night or day without distraction etc. In today’s content, I will show with you how you can upgrade your Airtel sim to 4g step by step.
In addition to the superfast downloads, online gaming and lots more amazing offers you will get from Airtel when you have upgraded from 3g to 4g, a fantastic six (6) months free data bonus offer await you.
That is to say, with an upgraded 4G sim card and a 4G enabled device (phone or desktop) on the Airtel Network, you get:
- FREE 4GB data valid for 7days
- Plus 100% bonus on data plans bought, N500 and above for the first 3 months
- 25% bonus on data plans bought (N500 and above for the next 3 months)
If you want to know how to upgrade to 4g on Airtel network in order to enjoy faster internet connection usage, then you have come to the right place.
How you can upgrade your Airtel sim to 4g
Once you are on the 4G LTE Network you will notice 4G, 4G LTE or LTE written near the network bar displayed at the top of your smartphone. It will be displayed only when you are on 4G LTE network.
Meanwhile, most 4G enabled phones are set to automatically connect to 4G when you are in 4g coverage location but if your phone is not connecting by default or automatically, then you need to manually select 4G/LTE under your phone network settings.
If you move to a non 4G LTE coverage location, you will be automatically switched to the available network, for example, 3G or 2G.
Now, let start showing you how to move or upgrade Airtel sim card to 4g very well without breaking anything on your sim.
How to move to 4g on Airtel network
To check if your SIM card and phone are 4G enabled, just simply dial *121# and select 4G services. After your successful confirmation, then follow the steps below to upgrade your Airtel sim to 4g:
- visit any Airtel store near you
- Buy a new 4G SIM or tell them that you want to upgrade your existing sim
- Go along with your national ID card or NIN as directed by the new regulation of Nigerian federal government
- If it is your existing Airtel sim card you want to upgrade, then go to any nearest Airtel store with its pack or any identity documents of yours, e.g, driving license, voter card etc
- If your phone or device is not 4G enabled, please upgrade to a 4g phone or device, to confirm, dial *121#
- Live within the location of Airtel 4G coverage
- Happily, Airtel 4G network is in almost all 36 states in Nigeria. For more information about your state or location, please ask it in any nearest Airtel store
- For more important information, you may contact Airtel customer care by dialing 111 or send them an email message at email@example.com.
If you know that this article has helped you how to upgrade your existing Airtel sim card from 2g or 3g to 4g step by step, then please subscribe to our newsletter for future important related contents from us.
Always like to make us improve? If yes, then share this article with your friends on social media and comment with anything you may have in mind to say about it via the comment section of it.
Read this also: complete step by step guides of ussd code to cheat Airtel data plan.