Have you heard that the Benson Idahosa University has released the JAMB cut off mark that it is going to admit candidates with in 2022? If you haven’t, then this article has got you covered and it will explain everything with you step by step.
The Benson Idahosa University (BIU) is a private university located in Benin City, Edo state, Nigeria. Its JAMB Cut-off mark for 2022 is 180. Please continue reading for the cut off mark of their courses one by one.
- At the time of writing this post, the cut off mark of Benson Idahosa University for admission to study any degree course is based on the cut off mark provided by the Joint Admission Matriculation Board (JAMB)
- Meanwhile, the JAMB cut off mark set for entry into any program at the Benson Idahosa University in 2022 is 180 on a scale of 400.
- Therefore, there is no specific departmental cut off mark set by the Benson Idahosa University in 2022.
Note: every academic session (year), the admission officer of Benson Idahosa University releases their admission requirements and the cut off mark which student needed to score in JAMB and Post UTME exam for him/her to gain admission. The cut off mark for this year is 180.
BIU cut off mark in 2022
If you scored less than 180, you will not be admitted and even though you scored more than 180, there are some courses that require 250+ points JAMB cut off mark like Medicine and Surgery or Law.
The list of all faculties offered in BIU and their 2022 cut off mark are discussed below:
|Name of faculty||Cut off mark|
|Medicine and Surgery||250|
Read these also:
- University of Ibadan Postgraduate Courses in 2022
- Harvard University admission requirements in 2022
- How to apply for admission in Nigeria to study in Harvard University
- List and requirements of all courses offered in Bowen university
- Covenant university notable alumni (newly updated)
- Covenant University Post UTME form for this year and how to apply
Benson Idahosa University courses and their cut off mark
The list of all courses offered in Benson Idahosa University in 2022 are discussed below with their respective cut off mark faculty by faculty:
Faculty of Enginnering
Post UTME requirement:
Candidates seeking admission to study engineering in Benson Idahosa University must have credits in five subjects at ‘O’ Level GCE or WASSCE or NECO in not more two sittings. The subjects should
- English Language
- Physics and
In addition, candidates must pass the post UTME exam of Benson Idahosa University in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Physics and
Direct Entry Requirements:
- Direct entry candidates must fulfil the conditions in (a) above and have GCE ‘A’ level passes in at least two subjects which must include Physics, Mathematics or Chemistry.
- Candidate with OND in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or any related programme with at least an upper credit and possess the conditions in (a) can be admitted into 200 level degree programme in the Faculty of Engineering.
- Candidates with Higher National Diploma (HND) with at least Upper Credit in the Engineering can be admitted into 300 level degree programme in the
Faculty of Engineering.
Faculty of Law
JAMB cut off mark for Law in 2022 of BIU is 240.
The mode of the admission application to study in BIU for the Degree programme is either by DIRECT ENTRY or through JAMB (UTME).
Candidates for this mode of entry are usually young school leavers with any of the following qualifications:
- Five credits in General Certificate of Education (ordinary level) which should include Economics, Mathematics and English Language, obtained in not more than two sittings.
- 5 credits in NECO which should include Economics, Mathematics and English Language obtained in not more than two sittings.
- Five credits at WASC/SSCE, which should include Economics, Mathematics and English Language obtained in not more than two sittings.
- A credit pass in Commerce is acceptable in lieu of Economics.
- Any other equivalent qualification is subject to ratification by the Faculty Board and University Senate.
Usually, candidates for this mode of entry are somewhat mature academically and should possess any of the following qualifications in addition to the requirements stated under JAMB “UME” above:
- Ordinary National Diploma (OND) from a recognized Polytechnic or College of Technology with a minimum of Upper Credit in a relevant discipline.
- Diploma Certificate from a recognized University in a relevant discipline with a minimum of Lower Credit or Merit as the case may be.
- General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) or Higher School Certificate (HSC) with a minimum of two papers obtained in one sitting. One of the papers must be Economics, Mathematics or Business Management.
Faculty of Medicine and related courses
At Benson Idahosa University, students can opt-in to study Medicine and Surgery or health related courses like Pharmacy, Dentistry, Dermatology, Physiology, etc. The Benson Idahosa University JAMB cut off mark for this faculty in 2022 is 250
Faculty of Arts
JAMB cut off mark for Benson Idahosa University for faculty of Arts is 180 in 2022.
Some courses offered in Benson Idahosa University school of Arts are:
- English Language,
- Literature in English,
- Political Science, etc.
Faculty of Science
Courses like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics etc., are Science courses hence they tend to be competitive. Meanwhile, the JAMB cut off mark to gain admission into faculty of Science to study in BIU is 190 in 2022.
If you know that this article has helped you know Benson Idahosa University cut off mark in 2022 and their requirements, then please subscribe to our newsletter for more important updates and remember to share it with your friends.
Read these also:
- Professional courses in Nigerian university
- List of all federal university of technology in Nigeria and their location
- Part-time application of Bayero University Kano (BUK) in 2022/2023
- Post UTME Of Coal City University Application Portal In 2022
- Coal City University (CCU) scholarship application form in 2022
- Courses offered in University Of Lagos (undergraduate and postgraduate)