Canada as one of the top biggest countries in the world, it has thirteen states, ten for provinces and three for territories. Today’s article will show with you all Canada provinces and their capitals with their respective abbreviation.
Canada is a country in North America. Its ten provinces and three territories extend from the Atlantic to the Pacific and northward into the Arctic Ocean, covering 9.98 million square kilometres (3.85 million square miles), making it the world’s second-largest country by total area.
The southern and western of Canada border with the United States, stretching 8,891 kilometres (5,525 mi). The capital city of Canada is Ottawa and its three largest metropolitan areas are Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver.
Being the federation that composed ten provinces and three territories, Canada was then grouped into four main regions: Western Canada, Central Canada, Atlantic Canada, and Northern Canada (Eastern Canada refers to Central Canada and Atlantic Canada together).
Now, let’s start discussing our main topic of discussion!!
Read this also: list of all 50 states in USA and their ZIP codes.
List of all provinces in Canada and their capital
The name of all Canada provinces and their capital with their abbreviation are shown in the table below:
|Newfoundland and Labrador||NL||St. John’s|
|Prince Edward Island||PE||Charlottetown|
Read these also:
- Political parties in USA: their roles, how many they are, etc.
- Zip code for USA for all US states
- List of all 50 states in USA and their ZIP codes
- Airtel one thousand MB data plan for 200 Naira (1GB per N200) and subscription code
- Top best motivational speakers in Nigeria (2022)
- Spectranet Unlimited data plans and their price in 2022
- First bank mobile app: how to download and make transaction with it very fast (2022)
- Nigerian political parties and their chairman (2022)
- How to generate and print recharge card PIN for all networks in 2022
- Top successful female entrepreneurs in Nigeria & what they do (2022)
Top best cities in Canada and their province name
|Province name||City name|
|British Columbia (BC)||Vancouver|
|Prince Edward Island (PE)||Charlottetown|
|New Brunswick (NB)||Saint John|
|Nova Scotia (NS)||Halifax|
|Newfoundland and Labrador (NL)||St. John’s|
3 territories of Canada and their capital
Canada comprises three different territories and capital. Each territory speaks different languages. The three (3) territories in Canada and their capital are discussed in the table below.
|Northwest Territories (NT)||Yellowknife|
Nunavut (NU) is one of the three territories and cities in Canada headquartered at Iqaluit. The commonest languages spoken in this territories are Inuinnaqtun, Inuktitut, English and French.
This is another territories of Canada and one of the cities and provinces. Its headquartered is located at Whitehorse while the major languages which the people who stay in it speak are English and French language.
Northwest Territories (NT)
Last but not the least, Northwest Territories (NT) is the third territories in Canada headquartered in Yellowknife. The major languages spoken in Northwest Territories (NT) are: English, French, Chipewyan, Cri, Flanc-de-chien, Gwich’in, Inuinnaqtun, Inuktitut, Inuvialuktun, North Slavey, South Slavey.
If you know that this article has helped you know Canada provinces and their capitals, then please share it with your friends and remember to subscribe to our newsletter for more important updates.
Read these also:
- Top 30 social media platforms in the world and their founders
- Electricity distribution companies in Nigeria 2022
- Six geo-political zones in Nigeria with their states and cultures
- List of 150 ABU notable alumni and their careers
- Top biggest engineering companies in the world 2022
- list of top best ways to transfer money internationally