Are you doing something that is very important and you can’t remember your telephone number? In this article, I will show you the code to check your MTN number in Nigeria step by step.
If you are using different SIM cards like me or you have lost the pack of your SIM card, it may be difficult to remember your number. Hence, we have provided you in this post the code to check your MTN number using different methods including SMS method.
With a mission to have a cheap call rate, browse confidently, have a huge bonus data and airtime, the use of multi types of SIM card is a must. For example, if you live in a location where MTN 4G network coverage is available, then it is ideal to use MTN SIM card to browse rather than using Glo, Airtel or any other network if they don’t have 4G coverage but you can still use them to make call.
Code to check MTN number in Nigeria very fast
The USSD codes to check the telephone number of your MTN SIM card *123#, *133# and *663#. Please continue reading for the step by step guides of how to use them.
To use MTN phone number checking code, *123#, please follow the instructions below:
- Dial *123# on your mobile phone via your MTN SIM.
- Press options 1 to choose “My tools”
- After that, then different options will be displayed on the screen.
- For you to check your MTN number, just simply select option 1
- Success: your phone number will be displayed on the screen
- Alternatively, you can also dial the code: *123*1*1# or *663# to see your number straight up on the screen without going through all the steps above.
See these also:
- How to check data balance on MTN MiFi
- Price of MTN Mifi device on Jumia (2022) and how to order
- MTN MiFi data plans in Nigeria and their subscription code
- How to check NIN number on MTN
- How to migrate to MTN Beta Talk tariff plan step by step
- Scholarship opportunities in Nigeria for undergraduates (2022)
- Top successful female entrepreneurs in Nigeria & what they do (2022)
- Airtel recharge code for data and airtime bonus (2022)
How to check your MTN number using code
You can also use the USSD code: *133# on your phone via any MTN SIM card to instantly check its telephone number. Please note that using this code (*133#), you are opted to send a message ”please call me back” to any other MTN phone number of your choice free of charge.
To use *133# to send ”please call me back” message to other MTN SIM card, your airtime balance will not be deducted as a result of that and the recipient of your message will receive it instantly while you should then ask him/her to help you let you know your phone number.
How you can check MTN number via SMS
To check your MTN number via SMS, just simply insert the SIM card which you want to know its number in a phone, dial *663# and your number will be then instantly sent you through SMS.
Code to know your MTN number by all means
In the event where every USSD code above are not helping you to check your MTN number while you seriously need it, if you don’t have any hope, then just simply collect the number of any person around you and call.
You can also dial 180 to contact MTN customer care to help you call out your phone number for free of charge.
The official toll-free MTN 24/7 availability phone number is 180. You can also call them using another network (Glo, Airtel, 9Mobile, etc.) via 08031000180 or +2348031000180 if you live in outside Nigeria.
To know if a particular telephone number is MTN network, observe the first three, four and five digit number, for example 08144955XX3. Here, the first four digits are 44, hence, this is an MTN phone number.
In the same vein, if the first three digit number of a telephone number is 5, then it is likely a Glo network, for example, 0705594XX31 and if it is 2, then it is likely an Airtel number, for example, 081210279XX.
Please share this article with your friends and remember to subscribe to our newsletter for more important updates if you know that it has helped you know the code and how to check MTN number in Nigeria step by step.
Read these also:
- How to transfer airtime on MTN for the first time
- How to become an approved MTN SIM registration agent
- MTN Momo agent online registration form (step by step guides)
- List of all MTN codes in Nigeria and their uses
- MTN awuf data plans and USSD code
- How to migrate from other tariff plan to MTN Pulse tariff plan
- Top best MTN tariff plans and how to migrate (step by step)
- How to send ”Please Call Me Back” on MTN in Nigeria