Did you sit for JAMB and post UTME examination in 2021 and now demanding admission from JAMB and school of your choice? If you are demanding admission, please you have to first know how to check JAMB admission status in line with the procedures laid out below.
In today’s article, I will show with you all step by step guides of how to check admission status using registration number, via an SMS method and without using email address. The good news is that I will also let you know JAMB admission checking portal for 2022.
The admission of the candidates who wrote JAMB in 2021 and also participated the post UTME screening exercise of their first choice tertiary institution is going to be offered in 2022. Hence, 2021/2022 academic session must be applied.
After writing post UTME examination, many candidates now ask, how do I check my admission status on JAMB Portal in 2022? Or how do I know if JAMB gave me admission? Or how do I check if my first choice tertiary institution has offered me an admission? Please continue reading for more important information!!
How to check admission status on JAMB portal in 2022
Any time you are going to check your admission status on JAMB admission checking portal in 2022, please take the following instructions or procedures into consideration.
- First remember that your JAMB profile login details (email address and password) are identifiable.
- Visit jamb.gov.ng
- Scroll down to Check Admission Status
- Click to proceed
- Login to your Profile with your Jamb Email & Password
- Look for Check admission status and open it
- Select your Examination year
- Enter your Jamb Registration Number
- Finally, click on ‘Check admission status’ tab
- Success: you will now see your admission status.
Read these also:
- How to enter 200 level without JAMB in 2022
- How to check and print your Jamb result online in 2021
- Flashlearners Jamb Application (how to Download and activate)
- Jamb cbt apps to pass JAMB in 2022 (listed & compared)
- How to upload any type of o’level result on JAMB portal (step by step)
- JAMB subject combination for all Engineering courses in 2022/2023
- How to buy JAMB e-pin in 2022 (7 different best Methods)
- Does jamb work on Saturday (working times of jamb)
- How to create JAMB profile in 2022 for registration and everything
- Edungr Jamb Cbt app (and how to pass with it very well)
How to check admission status using JAMB registration number
To check your admission status in 2022 using JAMB registration number, note that you must to first login to your JAMB profile, then enter your JAMB registration number and finally click ‘check admission status’ tab. Please follow the procedures below:
- Login to your Jamb profile (Dashboard or Home).
- Scroll down until you see ‘check admission status’.
- Click on ‘Check Admission Status’ or ‘ACCESS CAPS‘.
- Now, enter your examination year
- Then enter your Jamb registration number
- And click on the tab: ‘Check your admission status’.
- At this point, if you are admitted, go ahead to print your Jamb admission letter.
- If unluckily you see ‘No admission given yet’ notification, then keep checking again as other batches of admission list will soon be released.
How to check admission status via SMS
If you are not using smart android phone or laptop to browse JAMB website to check your admission status as described above, then you can use SMS method to check.
To check your admission status through SMS mode, please note that the SIM card which you used to create a profile is required and you should a minimum airtime balance of N50. If you have all the two requirements above, then follow the procedures below:
- Insert the SIM card which you used its telephone number to create your JAMB 2022 profile in a mobile phone
- Send ‘ADMISSION STATUS’ as a text message to 55019
- After that, then your admission status will be sent to you via SMS and your main airtime account is deducted with admission status checking charges (roughly N30 to N50).
JAMB admission checking portal
For this 2022, the official website (portal) of JAMB dedicatedly created for checking your admission status is www.jamb.gov.ng/efacility/.
If you are difficulty while trying to check your admission status, please consider contacting JAMB customer care services or commenting on this article for more guides from us.
After JAMB has offered you an admission, the next step to take is simply check admission status of your school to confirm and accept if you are satisfied with the course you are being admitted with.
Let’s check how to check school admission status!!
How to check school admission status very fast
To check admission status of the school of your first choice, first you have to visit their official website/portal and use your registration number to complete the request. Please follow the step by step guides below:
- Visit the portal of your School of choice.
- Make sure that you purchased their Post UTME form and sat for an exam with them
- Now, click ‘Check Admission Status’ tab.
- Follow the prompts.
- Enter Your JAMB Registration Number.
- Finally, if you have been offered ADMISSION or NOT, then you will be notified.
Other alternative ways
Apart from using JAMB portal, you can still use other alternative ways to check your admission status.
Those alternative ways are listed and explained below:
Presently, almost all tertiary institutions in Nigeria have created their own portal for managing their services to students.
Happily, every one of the schools do announce the release of the admission list and publish the names of admitted students on their websites.
What you only need it this method is to just simply know the official website of your school of choice and regularly check it to know when such announcements concerning admission status have been made.
JAMB Central Admission Processing System ( JAMB CAPS) makes it possible for prospective candidates seeking admission into any tertiary institution in Nigeria to monitor their admission status and easily know when they have been offered admission by any institution.
To use this method, simply visit JAMB portal as we have been discussed above for more information.
Most tertiary institutions require candidates to provide their valid and correct Phone number and email address during their Post-UTME registration.
Hence, the school will notify them once they have been offered admission by sending a text message to the phone number they used when at the time they applied for Post UTME registration.
In conclusion, this is why it is advisable that candidates provide their active phone numbers if required while applying for admission.
Many schools equally do ask candidates to provide their email addresses while applying for their post UTME registration.
If you are an admission seeker, it is advisable that you check your email address regularly in case your school decides to send admission notifications via this method.
Please share this article with your friends and remember to subscribe to our newsletter for more important updates if you know that it has helped you.
Read these also:
- Jamb 2022 latest news (registration date, fee, examination date, etc)
- Jamb cbt centers in Lagos state for 2022 (approved ones)
- Four must have documents for JAMB 2022 registration
- How to register for JAMB in CBT center (fill JAMB registration form)
- JAMB CBT centers in foreign country (how to register JAMB in outside)
- How to check jamb mock result in 2022 (fastest ways)
- Jamb reprinting starting date for 2022 & reprinting latest news
- What to do before going to jamb cbt center in 2022
- 9 useful keys for JAMB candidates (keyboards to use on the computer)
- How to study for JAMB examination in 2022 within two weeks