In an Arabic language, the term janaba is the state of a very big impurity in such a way that anybody who is in the state of it should not near where an act of worship is in progress. In this post, I will discuss with you very much why you must have to perform janaba ghusl and how it should be properly performed.
Being in the state of Janaba can be caused as a result of many ways such as having intimacy with your spouse, menstruation, seminal discharge, etc. Scholars even suggest that it’s Sunnah to perform janaba ghusl if you are going to make an official worship like pilgrimage, attending Eid prayer, juma’a (congregational) prayer, etc.
When you must perform janaba ghusl
You have to perform janaba ghusl when sperm (maniy) is ejaculated accompanied by sexual pleasure either during sleep or when awake whether you are a man or woman.
Note that one of the things which make janaba ghusl to be compulsory in man and woman is the emission of sperm with normal pleasure, whether while asleep or awake.
As a muslim man, janaba ghusl is compulsory when you have pleasure without intercourse and then sperm emerges from you after the pleasure is over.
If a man has oral sex with his spouse and ejaculate semen, then performing janaba ghusl is obligatory according to Islamic sexual hygienical jurisprudence. However, if he only releases madhiy (pre-ejaculatory fluids) then wuḍū (ablution) alone is required.
Read these also:
1. Name of all Islamic months and their meaning in English.
2. USSD code for Airtel family and friends (complete guide).
3. How to enroll for BVN and get it very fast (step by step guides).
4. South African visa for Nigerian (requirements, how much it costs, etc.).
What is Madhiy and why is it different from sperm (maniy)
Madhiy is a sticky white fluid emitted when you deeply think or desire sexual intercourse. The emission of Madhiy is not accompanied by feelings of pleasure. It neither gush out in spurts nor follow by exhaustion.
Al-Mani (semen) ob the other hand is a thick white fluid that discharges by male or female as a result of sexual ejaculation.
When is janaba bath compulsory for a woman
To an Islamic woman, it is mandatory that you know how to perform ghusl after your menstruation. The Islamic religion puts a lot of significance on cleanliness internally as well as externally, hence, it is your duty to ensure your cleanliness and that of your surroundings. While performing janaba ghusl, let the water reach all over your body.
If your spouse kiss you, that doesn’t necessitate you to bath janaba ghusl unless you ejaculate a semen with pleasure. You can both torch your private parts if you don’t care and doesn’t need you to make janaba ghusl after doing that.
Read this also: how to choose a husband in Islam (according to Hadith and Qur’an).
After having a wet dream, it is obligatory and required to have a ghusl.
You don’ have to wash your hair fully while bathing janaba ghusl. According to Nana Aishah, the wife of our noble Prophet reported that she heard from Abdullah ibn Umar while advising women to undo their hair when they need to do the ghusl.
Both male and female in Islam are encouraged to perform ghusl before they gather for the Friday prayer. According to Abu Sa’eed, he reported that the Prophet said that performing janaba Ghusl, using toothbrush and applying some perfume is obligatory (wajib) on every adult on Friday.
How to bath janaba ghusl (the right way)
- Wash both two of your hands up to the wrists.
- Wash your private parts with the left hand and remove dirt or filth from the body
- Perform wudu (ablution).
- Pour water over your head three times and rub the hair so that the water reaches the roots of the hair gently.
- Divide your body into two parts (left and right).
- Wash the right part first, then next, the left one.
If you know that this article has helped you know why you must have to perform janaba ghusl and how you should perform it in the right way, then please share it with your friends and remember to subscribe to our newsletter for more important updates.
Read these also:
- Types of janaba bath and how to perform them ony be one.
- Top famous Islamic scholars in the world this 2022.
- List of all notable Islamic scholars of our time for all countries in the world.
- Islamic University of Madinah scholarship 2022.
- Courses offered at Islamic University of Madinah and their requirements.